50 Cent Sales 1.1 Mill In 4 Days

CHART PREVIEW:
50 CENT MASSACRES RETAIL

Riddled Rapper Dwarfs All Comers in
Just Four Days

March 7, 2005

It’s been a retail Massacre, all right.
Call it thunder-stealing, shade-throwing, or whatever you want, but 50 Cent has crushed all comers in a show of retail force rarely seen these days. His new album, The Massacre (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) has been selling in rapid fire since its release last Thursday (2/3) and at this point looks like it will have easily moved over a million units once the counting’s done.

Indeed, The Massacre’s number could potentially move as high as 1.1 or 1.2 million, though it’s too early to tell. Regardless, 50 Cent is untouchable on this week’s album chart. Who else could do that and find time to excommunicate someone from his or her crew?

Up until last week, Epic’s Jennifer Lopez had the sales week just ended all to herself and was looking at a #1 debut for her Rebirth. But since Interscope moved up The Massacre, her album has had to take a back seat even though its sales have grown steadily over the course of the week and is now expected to come in at around 250k.

Besides birth- and death-themed albums taking over the #2 and #1 chart postions, respectively (it’s a cycle-of-life thing), several other debuts of note will hit the chart this week:

Jack Johnson’s In Between Dreams (Enjoy/Universal) is looking at this point like 170k-180k.

Mars Volta’s Frances the Mute (Strummer/Universal) could come in as high as 130k. The album has been priced to sell and has been available for as little as $5.99 at Circuit City.

Judas Priest’s Angel of Retribution (Epic) is on track to take its chart bow with around 70k under its studded black leather belt. Interestingly, retailers report that up to 50% of this titles sales may be on the new DualDisc CD/DVD hybrid format.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
was told this hours ago. fans are fuckin dumb why dont classics get anywhere near thesenumbers his talent and likeability even go down but add sum beef and gunfire the albums platinum plus in less than 5 days

jada might be able to fuck with 50 on the mic but cant keep up on the sales, kiss of death has like 900k sold since the summer i think

"You know who the fuck this is, I'm in with my man Lloyd Banks, my nigga Tony Yayo, it's comin, we COMIN nigga. All this faggot rap goin on, you commercial, I hurt you. The drama start when the gun pop, it ain't over til my heart stop." - 50 Cent (2001)

EDouble said:
was told this hours ago. fans are fuckin dumb why dont classics get anywhere near thesenumbers his talent and likeability even go down but add sum beef and gunfire the albums platinum plus in less than 5 days

i think it is because people think you sold out just because you start to sell records and the fire isn't there anymore...when really it isn't the material that is weaker, it is just the expectation that is higher (in most cases)

2pacnbiggie said:
CHART PREVIEW:
50 CENT MASSACRES RETAIL

Riddled Rapper Dwarfs All Comers in
Just Four Days

March 7, 2005

It’s been a retail Massacre, all right.
Call it thunder-stealing, shade-throwing, or whatever you want, but 50 Cent has crushed all comers in a show of retail force rarely seen these days. His new album, The Massacre (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) has been selling in rapid fire since its release last Thursday (2/3) and at this point looks like it will have easily moved over a million units once the counting’s done.

Indeed, The Massacre’s number could potentially move as high as 1.1 or 1.2 million, though it’s too early to tell. Regardless, 50 Cent is untouchable on this week’s album chart. Who else could do that and find time to excommunicate someone from his or her crew?

Up until last week, Epic’s Jennifer Lopez had the sales week just ended all to herself and was looking at a #1 debut for her Rebirth. But since Interscope moved up The Massacre, her album has had to take a back seat even though its sales have grown steadily over the course of the week and is now expected to come in at around 250k.

Besides birth- and death-themed albums taking over the #2 and #1 chart postions, respectively (it’s a cycle-of-life thing), several other debuts of note will hit the chart this week:

Jack Johnson’s In Between Dreams (Enjoy/Universal) is looking at this point like 170k-180k.

Mars Volta’s Frances the Mute (Strummer/Universal) could come in as high as 130k. The album has been priced to sell and has been available for as little as $5.99 at Circuit City.

Judas Priest’s Angel of Retribution (Epic) is on track to take its chart bow with around 70k under its studded black leather belt. Interestingly, retailers report that up to 50% of this titles sales may be on the new DualDisc CD/DVD hybrid format.

you diss jigga, but give 50 the nothing....I like you dogg but shit man....that sucks 50 pushes a million ripping off these kids with no sense. No doubt he a hustler.

It would be in the best interest for Interscope to buy 100's of thousands of these CD's, makes people go out and get it. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I don't think 50 Cent is that popular.

Damn he's been breaking records even though he's hated by almost everyone in the industry. I can't believe he can keep up with such consistency regarding album sales. Let's see what will happen when his next LP comes out, if he gets as much exposure as with this one seeing that he'll probably leave Aftermath and won't get Dre to produce as much as he is right now.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.