50 Cent receives songwriter of the year award

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
G-Unit rapper 50 Cent took home top honors at the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers’ Pop Music Awards on Monday night, where he was named "Songwriter of the Year" by a group of industry peers.

The ASCAP awards – voted on by more than 700 songwriters, recording artists and industry leaders – awarded 50 Cent for his contributions to five hit songs: "Candy Shop," "Disco Inferno", "Hate It Or Love It", "How We Do", and "Just A Lil Bit". This was the rapper’s second time receiving the ceremony’s top honor.

"I want to tell you that I use you for energy," 50 Cent said while accepting his award via a video message. "I listen to the material that you create … It helps me move to the next level … It inspires me to write even more exciting material."

Other artists who were honored at the ceremony included Mariah Carey, Destiny’s Child, Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Maroon 5, and Missy Elliot.

Duke

Staff member
lmao, what the fuck?

Award shows and organizations need to fucking seperate "good" from "popular". They dont always coincide. usually they dont. Actually, they almost never dont.

No, seriously, i mean, Candy Shop, yes? :

"Ill take you to the Candy shop, I'll let you lick the lollipop"

Seriously. A retarded 4 year old could write better songs than this.

fuck oath. my faith in humanity is dwindling

Pittsey said:
"I want to tell you that I use you for energy," 50 Cent said while accepting his award via a video message. "I listen to the material that you create … It helps me move to the next level … It inspires me to write even more exciting material.".

HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

i cant take this steriod freak serious

i mean his shyt rymes , nothing eles

hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahahhahahahahah
hahahahahah

HOW CAN HALF A BUCK WIN AN AWARD FOR WRITING???

LET ME HEAR A TUPAC!
LET ME HEAR A CHINO XL
LET ME HEAR A TECH N9NE
LET ME HEAR A CROOKED I
LET ME HEAR A IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

LET ME HEAR A RAPPER WHO ACTUALLY WRITES DDOPE SHT

HALF A BUCK YOU REALL HAVE TO SHUT... THE FIZZLE UP!

ok im good,
k

thanks

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
past 10 yr winners..
05 - Scott Storch
04 - 50 Cent, Graham Edwards, Nelly
03 - Nelly, Seven
02 - Beyonce
01 - Max Martin, Andreas Carlsson
00 - Max Martin
99 - Max Martin
98 - Diane Warren
97 - Patrick Adams
96 - Patrick Adams

The.Menace

Staff member
rofl.

past 10 yr winners..
05 - Scott Storch
03 - Nelly, Seven
02 - Beyonce
00 - Max Martin
99 - Max Martin
98 - Diane Warren
97 - Patrick Adams
96 - Patrick Adams
that explains everything.

Compared to 50 (in temrs of lyricism) I'm a GOD...feels good to know that if his shit can win song writer of the year (over people like Common, Ghost, etc.) then shit...even Lil Wayne writes better songs (Hustla Muzik):laugh:

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
this award is based on popularity not on lyrics. itswho was behind the most hits I guess. and some of yal actin like this was a rap awards in addition. 'OVER PAC?? OVER IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE? COMMON?'"" even 'CHINO XL???' the fuck are u talkin about

haha this is hilarious im lmao cuz theres people who voted seriously about this. I dont care how popular he is with his whack ass catchy songs for 12 year olds that shouldnt earn him an award. "If you go platinum it has nothing to with luck it just means a million people are stupid as fuck." quote from immortal technique i had to throw it in cuz the song was on while i was writing this.

Listen,
I know mostly everybody here can't stand 50, but these other people your naming - LET ME HEAR A TUPAC!
LET ME HEAR A CHINO XL
LET ME HEAR A TECH N9NE
LET ME HEAR A CROOKED I
LET ME HEAR A IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

Besides 2pac, these people have never had one hit song, and I'm not talking about one of there video getting on BET! 50 is just running things for the last couple of years and nobody likes whose on top. Who has sold more records in the last 2 to 3 yrs?

EDouble said:
past 10 yr winners..
05 - Scott Storch
03 - Nelly, Seven
02 - Beyonce
00 - Max Martin
99 - Max Martin
98 - Diane Warren
97 - Patrick Adams
96 - Patrick Adams
lmao what a disgraceful list

at least they got one right:rolleyes:

beyonce was lightin up the streets in '02..unstopable

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.