50 Cent: "I Don't Understand Nas Signing To Def Jam"

SOURCE www.HIPHOPGAME.COM

50 Cent was interviewed on a Dutch radio station last Monday and he told what he thought about Nas signing to Def Jam.
"I don't understand that. To be honest with you, I think won the battle and lost the war (...) 'cause now he's signed to Jay-Z. Creatively, Nas did a great job with Ether and then 'cause he wasn't handlin' his business he has to go work for Jay-Z."

When asked why 50 can't understand Nas signing with Def Jam, 50 cent answered "I can't understand it because Jay-Z slept with his baby's mother. For the rest of his life, everytime he looks at his daughter, his daughter is a product of the relationship between Nas and Carmen and now when he looks to the face he has to see Jay-Z."
"Right now, Nas' career is so damaged at this point that he's gotta do something to make money."
When asked if he sees himself working with Nas in the future, 50 Cent responds "I don't, to be honest with you."
fuck u fitty. i aint neva bought a g-unit release, and i never will.

that fool a tool...really though he just mad cuz now Nas got the fire power to actaully chop away from the G~Unit now that he'll be able to get the same producers that camp has had in years past. Nas is a legend 50 just an up and comer at this point

It's not like Jay-Z is the father of Nas's kid anyway... 50 is an attention whore, why is he even speaking on something that doesn't involve him at all.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
It's not like Jay-Z is the father of Nas's kid anyway... 50 is an attention whore, why is he even speaking on something that doesn't involve him at all.

oh but it does, your foe gets put on to a pretty powerful label, gets access to all the luxuries you enjoyed (production, promotion etc.) and is signed to a label runned by Jay-Z, someone you've also had issues with b4. It's all money man and 50 is greedy enough to not want to cut any piece of that $75 million he got last year. He speaking out his ass for a reason, to keep the spotlight on me. Its a cry for attention really since nobody is talking bout GRODT the movie anymore and the new single by Mobb Deep hasnt even cracked the top ten in the billboard, let alone Window Shopper. And who the fuck cares if sum1 fucked your baby momma, it's not like the majority of people with baby mommas have a good relatiosnhip with em anyway, and when I heard Nas didnt either, I never understood why he got upset bout that in the first place.

50 has a point. 2 tell u the truth 50 is kinda smart hes planning all his moves out. But at the end of the day hes doing all the right moves for the wrong reasons. He is scared right now to have Nas and Jay attack him .

ARon

I dont think I will ever understand why people think Jay sleeping with Nas Ex, his Ex, is a big deal.
I don't understand how he can say his career is so damaged and that is why he went to Def Jam. Just talking to be heard, whatever.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
The thing is there is a point in there.

But ask yourself, who is more wrong, Nas for signing to Def Jam, or Jay Z for going out and signing a man who he dissed, called wack, said had no talent, ect ect.

I really think Def Jam is in trouble. I mean its good to see them squash it and a good move for Nas, but for Def Jam and Jay Z to need Nas, that says a lot.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
50 Cent sure knows how to piss people off.

Nas spoke on 50, 50 now speaks on Nas. But 50 is way harsher.

Nas won't destroy 50 or G-Unit. And Jay-Z and 50 never had problems, it was fake; entertainment.

"I don't understand Nas signing to Def Jam"

I dont think 50 understands much at all. I think everything that's written in this thread is a lot deeper than anything 50 is able to think.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
shut the fuck up you idiots...cant the man have an oppinion that differs from yours?

would you do business with a man that slept with your girl behind your back? he has a point, i love nas and jigga...but its suspect for nas to sign.

he did win the battle (ether) but lost the war

fuck the haters

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
RichieRich69 said:
Who gives a fuck what he has to say. Why does every little word from him turn into news?? Media can't keep off his dick geez

media is on his dick. cuz watever he says..people notice n listen to. every1s entitled to their own opinions. and also cuz hes got money. money is power..cmon u kno dat.

ill-matic

Sarr said:
shut the fuck up you idiots...cant the man have an oppinion that differs from yours?

would you do business with a man that slept with your girl behind your back? he has a point, i love nas and jigga...but its suspect for nas to sign.

he did win the battle (ether) but lost the war

fuck the haters

your rap alias sucks

Carmen has NOTHING to do with their ex-beef. Even if she never slept with Jay, they still would've had beef. The only reason that is a topic is because Jay used it as a weapon. Nas and Carmen weren't even together at the time, and Destiny had already been born.

This beef started when Jay started taking shots at the best in NY, who never wanted to make a song with him. Jay and Memph Bleek had their egos blown up and thought they could take over NY and show that they were the best, so they went on the radio and started dissin Nas. Nas came back with a freestyle called "Stillmatic" and then Jay came back with "Takeover" and Nas smashed him to bits with "Ether."

Them making peace is Nas and Jay's ways of saying "forget it." Bygones are bygones. Both of them won. They will both benefit. It's not like Nas is swallowing his pride or Jay is desparate. People need to let that beef go and realize that they're real people, not characters. I don't know if they consider themselves friends, but they are definately allies right now.
~peace~

Rukas said:
The thing is there is a point in there.

But ask yourself, who is more wrong, Nas for signing to Def Jam, or Jay Z for going out and signing a man who he dissed, called wack, said had no talent, ect ect.

I really think Def Jam is in trouble. I mean its good to see them squash it and a good move for Nas, but for Def Jam and Jay Z to need Nas, that says a lot.
i think def jam's been in trouble since lyor n kev left, if u look at it even the sales show that.

but the thing is this is a business move, jay dont like nas, nas dont like jay, but they know they can get money if they work together. which is what this is all bout in the first.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Let's hope this works out for both Jay-Z and Nas. I don't really want Jay-Z's nasal voice on a Nas album though, I'm not a Jigga fan.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.