50 cent - hate it or love it guestion

2Pax

Tito said:
My 11 year old nephew knows who Rakim is. That aint an excuse for not knowing. :D
Things are different overseas, I seriously doubt there's a 11 year old in my country who knows who Rakim is.

hahaha he was referring to Rakim but I'm guessing you figured that out from the previous posts... yea... I mean I don't see how people can diss you for not knowing who he is... psh... he had the balls to ask now just let him be

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
The way I see it, over seas or not, when you get into a culture, you LEARN about the forefathers of that, not just whats hot at the moment. Rakim is hip-hop, you can not be hip-hop without knowing who Rakim is. Its like playing basketball and not knowing who Kareem Abdul Jabbar is.

Having said that, perhaps dude is NEW TO HIPHOP, and therefor we should TEACH HIM, and NOT JUST DISS HIM.

So to dude, I say, that is Rakim, Ra, The God, probably the most influential MC in the history of HipHop. Please please please do yourself a favor and check out his catalog, you wont be disappointed.

Rukas was right i was thinkin about the same thing we should teach him instead of diss him...becoz hiphop is not about WHO KNOWS MORE THAN WHO....and I KNOW MORE THAN U SO U AINT SHIT....its nothing about that ...

lol, Rakim is not popular overhere... never on radio or tv...

not into that man... but i will check some audio...

there are also rappers that everybody in europe knows and almost no one in usa...(dont know an example now)

Nijlie said:
lol thats because he's a old school mc brainiac, everybody I know whose into hiphop knows rakim and yes I'm also from the 'netherlands :rolleyes: :p

Nijlie said:

Since you're that type....grab your copy of the 8 Mile soundtrack and flip past all the Eminem & 50 Cent & Jay-Z & Nas and check out their favorite rapper on track 13. And that's Rakim.

shit I was gonna make a thread about this cause I couldn't figure it out I know its far from who it was but when 50 said it I knew it was bogus cause he ain't a rapper but I was thinking Freed Durst in his song but then I knew I had it all wrong...

Good thread at least I know the answer now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.