50 Cent Disagrees With Kanye West On George Bush

NEW YORK - Rap feuds aren't usually about differing opinions on President Bush. However, that appears to be the case between 50 Cent and Kanye West.

50 says he disagrees with West's infamous statement that " George Bush doesn't care about black people," proclaimed during a September telethon for Hurricane Katrina victims.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

Instead, 50 said, "The New Orleans disaster was meant to happen. It was an act of God."

It wouldn't be the first time 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, made comments that weren't flattering of West. In a September interview with MTV, 50 — while otherwise complimentary of the popular "Gold Digger" rapper — said: "I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me."

"After 50 Cent, (hip-hop fans) was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

West's second album, "Late Registration," has remained near the top of the charts since debuting Aug. 30.

50 stars in the upcoming film "Get Rich or Die Tryin," a biopic of the rapper that is set to open Nov. 9.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_en_mu/people50_cent

StormTrooper said:
it was meant to happen cause them dumbasses chose not to fix the levies, not cause of 'god'
That natural disaster known as Katrina was going to happen regardless. No man could've prevented it. Some things are just destined to happen, unfortunately, that was one of them.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
warriorinjewelz said:
who the hell cares about what rappers think about political issues anyways? they are just rappers using the media for more publicity. peace
yeah. you're totally right.

rappers should have no political concerns whatsoever.

strike public enemy. strike dead prez. strike immortal technique. strike talib kweli (i know, i know - he said he's not political). strike mos def. strike pac, and the beastie boys, and common. while we're at it, let's get rid of eminem for making "mosh", and n.w.a. for making "fuck the police". hell, jadakiss and krs-one, too. oh. and we can't forget papoose and xzibit.

in fact, why don't we go back to the early '80s and tell the furious five to go fuck themselves? i mean, who the hell do they think they are recording 'the message'? rappers aren't supposed to care about their surrounding government. that's crazy.

you, my friend, are making a complete ass out of yourself.

rtyfghvbn said:

strike public enemy. strike dead prez. strike immortal technique. strike talib kweli (i know, i know - he said he's not political). strike mos def. strike pac, and the beastie boys, and common. while we're at it, let's get rid of eminem for making "mosh", and n.w.a. for making "fuck the police". hell, jadakiss and krs-one, too. oh. and we can't forget papoose and xzibit.

in fact, why don't we go back to the early '80s and tell the furious five to go fuck themselves? i mean, who the hell do they think they are recording 'the message'? rappers aren't supposed to care about their surrounding government. that's crazy.
nice post. that one deserves a rep

rtyfghvbn said:

lol repped...his reply was s stupid

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Good on 50cent!

kayne was so off with his statement...how does bush not care baout black people? what is he God? he cant control the weather, he tried his hardest to send help out there, kayne just said that for attention

rtyfghvbn said:

i never said they can't have political views but anybody who looks to rappers for political answers or advice are retarded. just cause they rap or are famous doesn't mean they know any more than anybody else. rappers or entertainers just say shit to the media for publicity. go ahead and get your advice from a rapper. i know that everything 50 does is for pub and for money and thats why i said that. most rappers who take a political angle don't really know what the fuck they are talking about. they just say shit to look smart and get attention. i should have worded myself better i admit but you also went way over-board and over analyzed my comments. but if u listen to rappers for political advice then u are making an ass out of yourself. peace

Confucius87 said:
That natural disaster known as Katrina was going to happen regardless. No man could've prevented it. Some things are just destined to happen, unfortunately, that was one of them.
no man could have prevented Katrina...but they certainly could have prevented the massive flooding of New Orleans

Confucius87 said:
he does have a point

true. Some politician said that the hurricane was the best thing that happened to New Orleans because it was such a kurupt and criminally overflown city, that this disaster cleared it and forced progess...or something along those lines.

No way, I still have to side with Kayne on this one. True that Katrina was an act of nature and no man could have really prevented it. But the fact of the matter is that a large majority of the blame before hand is on Bush’s shoulders because he hired a completely unqualified person to head the Federal Emergency Management Agency thus the handling of the storm afterwards was a complete debacle.

I think the stem where Kayne’s comments came from is the fact that President Bush still stayed on vacation while the immediate aftermath of the storm was happening and the day after Bush was at some republican fundraiser party eating cake while the lower socio-economic inhabitants of New Orleans were fighting for their lives to keep from being covered by the floodgates.

And to even farther compound the situation it seemed like Bush didn’t even raise a finger or a whisper until his poll rating began to take an even farther swan drive among the American people.

I actually remember hearing a USA Today Gallop poll taken right after the Katrina Storm that said only like three percent of African Americans felt he was doing a good job as president, So that’s like 97 percent of Blacks who say he wasn’t doing a adequate enough job.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
warriorinjewelz said:
i never said they can't have political views but anybody who looks to rappers for political answers or advice are retarded.
and who are people supposed to look to for political advice? before you answer, let me define the people i'm talking about. i'm talking about young african-american youth. i'm talking about people that live in the ghettos, and the projects, and that don't have positive role models or father figures to trust. so who do they look up to? the men who made their way out of the ghetto. the rappers. the MCs. the hip hop superstars.

i mean, who are you going to get more truthful, raw advice from? the politicians? the news? any of the dozen other biased media outlets? i don't know if you know this or not, but there aren't exactly malcolms and martins in every housing project. it's hard to find revolutionaries, nowadays. it's hard to find people LIKE YOU that are going to speak out against the government, and tell you what's right and what's wrong. and the majority of the people who will are rappers.

warriorinjewelz said:
rappers or entertainers just say shit to the media for publicity.
uh, wrong again. is dead prez saying shit for publicity? no. hell no. dead prez could sell hundreds of thousands of records if they went mainstream. so could kweli, or krs, or any number of underground legends. the less-known ones could sell thousands...the more well-known ones could sell millions. but instead, they keep their shit conscious and political, DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT DOESN'T SELL RECORDS.

warriorinjewelz said:
you also went way over-board and over analyzed my comments. but if u listen to rappers for political advice then u are making an ass out of yourself. peace
i didn't go overboard. overboard would be me calling you an ignorant fucking asshole. but i'm not going to do that, because i would much rather back up my statements using facts, rather than meaningless insults. i did not overanalyze your comments. your comments were perfectly clear: "rappers just discuss political topics to make money".

and no, someone who listens to rappers for political advice IS NOT making an ass of themself. someone who ACCEPTS WITHOUT QUESTION rappers' political advice is an ass. but someone who looks to rappers for knowledge and information, and then analyzes and DRAWS THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS from that information...that is an intelligent person.

^^^you did over-analyze my initial statement. i was mainly just talking about 50 but worded myself badly. i will not get into who i think peeps should look into for political advice cause that could be touchy but 50 cent is not one i would look too. i agree with a lot of your points and always respect well thought-out comments like yours so no beef and much respect. i can see how my initial comment could be taken wrong. entertainers are regular people who most of the time know no more than us. peace

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
warriorinjewelz said:
^^^you did over-analyze my initial statement. i was mainly just talking about 50 but worded myself badly. i will not get into who i think peeps should look into for political advice cause that could be touchy but 50 cent is not one i would look too. i agree with a lot of your points and always respect well thought-out comments like yours so no beef and much respect. i can see how my initial comment could be taken wrong. entertainers are regular people who know no more than us. peace
alright. i see what you mean, and i agree with you on the 50 bit. i just took offense to your original comment, seeing as how i live on political and concious hip hop.

anyway, i appreciate your maturity in the matter, and not just telling me to go fuck myself like some people do when they don't have an intelligent response.

as you said, i'm not holding any grudges, either. peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.