21 Reasons Why The South Is Indeed, Ruining Hip-Hop, According To Kris Ex of XXL Mag

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
silly faggot, dicks are for chicks. :laugh: i had to say dat.

NOT every1 can appreciate south's music. Thats like people in the Uk sayin their shits banging, but when we hear it, we're like: wow... does that sound good in UR head? :rolleyes:

Since alot/every1 basically isnt from the south, of course yall gonn hate it. AND esp if you guys are looking for that "in-depth, im in depressed mode, need sad lyrics to relate with me" type of mood.

And if you dig a lil deeper than the shit u hear on the radio when it comes to the south music, theres some good shit. And alot of the singles released are banging.

Diaz

21 Reasons Why The South Is Indeed, Ruining Hip-Hop, According To Kris Ex of XXL

Tupac Tha Great said:
Why? because you dont agree with his post?He is entitled to have an opinion.and because of this he is a stupidass.please grow up.
Read the second paragraph of his post, that is not an opinion, he is stating it as if it is fact, but what he's saying is false. Yea, all Run DMC and Wu-Tang rap about is "pimping hoes, fuckin' bitches, and shootin niggas dead". Give me a fuckin break.

Lok

21 Reasons Why The South Is Indeed, Ruining Hip-Hop, According To Kris Ex of XXL

Diaz said:
Read the second paragraph of his post, that is not an opinion, he is stating it as if it is fact, but what he's saying is false. Yea, all Run DMC and Wu-Tang rap about is "pimping hoes, fuckin' bitches, and shootin niggas dead". Give me a fuckin break.
hahahaha, oh boy this is sad. He was saying that the Southern acts rap about the same things that famous non southern acts rap about. When he said it's all xx yy zz, he didn't mean that that's the only thing that they rap about, but that rappers from all regions touch on the same subjects.

Kadafi Son

You guys are so lucky. I actually live down and I HAVE to listen to this bul. Imagine going to school everyday and hearin' your friends say, "Ehhhhhhhhhhh, Young Jeezy be rippin' it" or "You like 2pac?! You must don't have any good music. Listen to this Ying Yang Twinz CD. It's hot" I can name a few more reasons why the South is destroyin' radio/rap.

1. It is monkey see, monkey do is down here
2.Southern Radio is sort of like listening to a track on repeat. Too much songs have the same flow or similar beat.
3. Young Jeezy is a watered down T.I.
4. At least East and West coast artist have talented artists. Few artist in tha south have unique abilities and lyrics (Lil Wayne is at least a good freestyle dude, Ludacris is the best the south has to offer. His skills and lyrics are always on point. Chamillionare has a good flow just not that much popularity like Mike Jones, which I think Cham can kill. Anybody can do what Ying Yang Twinz, D4L, Jeezy, Cash Money, BG, Lil Jon, Chingy, Nelly are do doing. And I didn't even type the whole list)
5. Seems too much like tha south has no creativity. All the hits have similar concepts, which is about females and clubbin'. Ain't too many artist pointin' out real issues.

ARon

^They don't need to talk about real issues. I don't know how many times imma have to say this, there is a time and place for all music, the south is tearin up the clubs, that is what they are doing, who cares, they make music to ride too. Get over it, they don't need crazy lyricism and deep meaning on every track, its music to enjoy.

By all means that isn't all the south does but the majority of what people are complaining about do. So be it, press stop, change the channel, dont knock the music when it makes others have fun and enjoy themselves.

Lok

I gave this speech a 100, so I might as well do it 101 times.

The silliest people in this thread are the ones that actually live in the South & say dumb shit like "You're lucky, I actually have to live here".
You won't find the "good" music watching Rap City & listening to your local power house Radio stations DUMMIES. If I found it & I don't even live in your county, then you have no excuse.
And the south, just like any other part of the States, has all kinds of rap. Club, "gangsta" and yes, even "crazy lyricism and deep meaning". You just need to turn off BET.

And im not talking about some shit that dropped in 94. The south is coming with hot shit RIGHT NOW! If you never actually gave it a chance, then you have no right to say it's wack, which is what 95% of you kids are doing.

K Rino just came out with a new album, yet most of you don't even know who he is. But hey, at least you know who D4L & Them Frenchize Boys are...good for you.

6 Two from Dr. Dre's "2001" album just dropped his first solo, a couple of months ago. It's very solid. I would post some songs, but I don't have it ripped on my PC right now.

Prime has been my favorite for a while now. hopefully he'll drop a new one this year.

Where Would You Be?
State Of Mind
Head In My Hands

Mississppi in general has been releasing a lot of good albums in the past 6 years. This album was released at the end of 2005. Pure fire.

Mississippi G Walk
Family Creed

And this is a classic EP, period. Released "WAY BACK" in 2001.

City Of T Town
Tha County
Imagine

Anyone who says the South is crap without actually listening to anything besides what's on Billboard 200 needs to be banned.

<>Word Is Bond<>

Giggity Gi

Kadafi Son

^^ Alright, maybe I misexplained myself. What I actually meant was that tha "majority" of the south is basic and misuses the hip-hop median to the extreme. Now I'm not saying EVERY rapper out the south HAS TO have every song on there album that has a meaning. Pac had Fair Exchange, What Ya Phone # and a few other songs that can relate to the souths' style. But Ying Yangz WHOLE album "My Brother & Me" is about bullshit. Wayne, Luda and Outkast albums have different messages and not just one. Before I ever judge an artist on his music, I check their album first. So don't knock me when I'm saying every south artist is about bullshit cuz I never said that. Now if you really wanna fuckin' dance your ass off all damn day, that's ok. That's fine. I'm just saying that as an all around artist, their aren't many down here. Sure, they don't need to talk about real issues or have good lyricism on each track, but do they need to have bul on each track . I know this, I'm surrounded by this music so I listen to every single track on each southern artist albums. So don't say shit to me about ignorance.

Lok

How can you say the "majority" of the south is Basic?!
I want a list of all the Southern albums you heard this year & in your life. I bet $5 bucks that you don't have more than 20 albums in your list. Same with most of this board.

The "majority" of the south misuses the hip-hop median just like any other region did in the past & present, so why is it being singled out?

Freedom Froggy

7 Syns said:
I could find 21 reasons to hate on the east and west while I'm at it. But why? Let's stop to hate and learn to appreciate.

peace.
agreed.. people wil lfind anyreason to hate the south and find any BS reason to loge the east

get over it.. the south is on top right now and each spot has a different style

hell, ATL has a good 5 different styles of its own

Hail Grimace said:
and T.I. is currently King of the billboard charts... whoever wrote that enjoy a nice cup of stfu
I'm not going to judge for the simple fact that I haven't listened to T.I.s album yet... but just because something tops the billboard charts doesn't mean it's good.

Kadafi Son

Fuck it.
We think different
I like fried chicken and cereal
You like turkey and cinnamion spiced buns
A lot of south songs I like, most I don't. Doesn't need to be stressed anymore...I'm done

KAMIKAZI said:
I'm not going to judge for the simple fact that I haven't listened to T.I.s album yet... but just because something tops the billboard charts doesn't mean it's good.
i agree but it does mean alot of people like it/bought it, myself included. I live in the south and most rap radio stations play mostly southern hip hop, and i can say i enjoy most of it but not all whatever opinions are like assholes everybody's got one

Aristotle said:
Some of that shit is funny and true but come on, the south ain't all about "snap music." There is a lot of shit that I like that is southern. What is with XXL and this south rivalry, the south is already sticking together, this is only gonna make em stronger.

True indeed.

Everytime I hear someone bashing on the South I hear the southern rapper just say, "all that does is make us closer together". When i hear that shit it sounds like the south is a family. Sounds like they just wanna help everyone out and shit. Thats not very good for quality of music, but very good for knowing that they are all in it together.

Shot 21

Yall hate on the South because its not "real Hip Hop". When you can prove to me that you created Hip Hop then you can decide whats real and whats not. Club rap isnt fake rap. Its club rap plain and simple. Its designed for a club. Not for you to sit down and listen while shedding a fucking tear from the raw emotion that you hear on the track. Yes Im even defending Laffy Taffy. I dont really like it myself but why is it ruining Hip Hop? Why does that make D4L so fake? They bought that song out to have all the girls dancing and flaunting it in the club. Even if laffy taffy is a stupid name for what the girls shake. It is meant for that sole purpose. So what is so un-real about it. There are some shit rappers from the South I agree. But there are also shit rappers from the East and West. We cant just single out one side and put it all on them. Like Aristotle said there is a place and time for every type of rap.You dont like club music? Fine. But that doesnt make it fake.

1 Love
Shot 21

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.