2008 - Summary

Caesar

Staff member
^^ Thats because most of the artists you mentioned, and what you mentioned, sucked and or is stuck in the past.

I mean you mention Rakim blessed the mic this year, on what? Where is his album? Nas album was terrible, as was Immortal Techniques, as are some of the others you mention.

Just because it is underground you think its cool, when in reality sometimes underground music is underground, or not popular, because it sucks.

But if you really feel some artists are being over looked make some threads about them.

masta247

Staff member
@7Syns

I listened to 90% of those albums you listed, I'm sure many people from here did also.
I like that kind of hip-hop but If I found any of those productions particularly great they would most probably be in this thread.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
As I've said it before, there's no bad album in 7syns eyes. He has no rap filter. He's like a prostitute, just takes it all in regardless of what it looks like or sounds like.

7 Syns

@ Caesar, hi nice to meet you bro. Whats doing? Anyways @ your statements, firstly you don't know me to be blatantly assuming "i'm all about the underground" like im some backpacker. Far from it.

I just take hip-hop music now-a-days for what it is and threads on this site for what they are. I combined them together and "presto" you got my previous posts.

None of those artists suck or have sucked in the past, maybe their consistency of music isn't great at times? But to say out right that they suck? Well it's already shown me where this argument would go If I would proceed to go 'tit-4-tat' with you.

If you google most of what I mentioned, you'll find a link to their stuff so you can hear it and judge it yourself. Including Ra's new songs of his live LP. Lost & Found.

@ Masta 24/7, no, sorry my friend but I don't think you listened to the same material I did. Especially if you're talking about productions. It's 2008, the age of where production is always certain to outshine the rhyme. Imo I thought what I mentioned had both tho, production & rhymes.

@ Sofi, there's plenty of bad albums in my eyes. If you're just however, basing that I like everything off the 30 artists/releases I mentioned, which is nothing considering the 1200+ artists that dropped this year worldwide, then I don't really know where you're coming from with that one.

But in all honesty ppl, there's been so much shit dropped since January 1st this year to right now, how can anyone really just say "it's been a bad year", "2008 sucked", "nothing good dropped". That's just straight bs, yes some shit sucked but do the research and find that there's been a lot more hot shit dropped on a grander scale.

masta247

Staff member
@ Masta 24/7, no, sorry my friend but I don't think you listened to the same material I did. Especially if you're talking about productions. It's 2008, the age of where production is always certain to outshine the rhyme. Imo I thought what I mentioned had both tho, production & rhymes.
I said that I listened to 90% of those you mentioned in this thread - and yes, I did. I listened to many more and I enjoyed some others even more. Like I said none of them was greater than 7/10 in my opinion so that's why I don't consider it to be a good year.
Heltah Skeltah's album imo was better than all those that you mentioned.
It was not that great lyrics-wise but the production and most of all - flow were great. imo even the Nas album that I didn't like much was better than most of those you mentioned. If it comes to production it was terrible on 99% of this year's tracks. And no, I think that those rappers that I listen to even in 2008 - their lyrics/flow outshine production on their albums.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.