2006 is somewhat of a mid 90's throwback year for releases.

Seriously 2006 can become the new golden age if these albums drops next year 7. Also don't forget to add Detox DPG's reunion album and Snoop's to that list. Also expect Crooked I's Boss Music and Hussein Fatal coming back.

It sounds as if 2006 is the year for a lot of material and may be the comeback year the West is planning for quite some time now.

But if everything goes right and RZA has full control over Meth's album it can become THE masterpiece album of '06. The need for saving up money starts now guys.

Peace

FroDawgg

jflballer said:
These guys all had huge expectations and potential. They never measured up. Not even Nas. The biggest and best f/the mid-90s have either

a) died (Pac, Biggie, Eazy-E, Pun)

or

b) moved on to bigger and better (Diddy, Jigga, Mase -- well he's back now, Master P, Ice Cube, Fugees, Will Smith, DMX)

OutKast, Snoop, and LL are the only ones still really doin it.
nas has lived up to his potential, maybe not your or others' expectations, but i think he's on top of the rap game.
Diddy may have been the biggest, but he certainly wasn't the best (although he's alright).
Jigga's still putting it down (even though he's 'retired')
Fugees are releasing a new album.
Master P was always and will always be garbage.
Cube and Will Smith you're right about...bigger and better things.
DMX actually dropped off.
Mase, although I love him and he is back, I'm kinda disappointed with his new stuff (lyrically speaking it's tight, but content wise, i'm disappointed)

Tekneek said:
Didn't OC - Smoke and Mirrors get rated in XXL? If it comes out in 2006, why did it get rated so early?
It must be due out soon, because it has already leaked.

thaDub said:
Ras Kass... the album need to come out b 4 i have to choke the shit outta somebody
If you are talking about Institutionalized, that "album" dropped officially about 3 weeks ago, and has been available for nearly two months now.

7 Syns

jflballer said:
These guys all had huge expectations and potential. They never measured up. Not even Nas. The biggest and best f/the mid-90s have either

a) died (Pac, Biggie, Eazy-E, Pun)

or

b) moved on to bigger and better (Diddy, Jigga, Mase -- well he's back now, Master P, Ice Cube, Fugees, Will Smith, DMX)

OutKast, Snoop, and LL are the only ones still really doin it.
I don't really believe that, I mean most artists mentioned got what they searched for and for the most part fell back and either got other people in the game or just took a break from it all. Example, Q-Tip in the early 90's was huge, I mean he wasn't a Snoop but people knew him. He was in a few movies, moved numbers etc..

Snoop, LL are here because they want to be. But more importantly they have backing. KRS is still here but has no real backing, thats why he isn't selling 100,000's.. But in the end they did reach their potential and either moved on or fell off. But Im excited, next year will be nice if the labels get it right.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.