2006 is somewhat of a mid 90's throwback year for releases.

7 Syns

If things work out well then 2006 will be a somewhat throwback year, by that I mean alot of liked artists from the mid-90's are dropping LP's. Some can be considered return's or comebacks. Some will dissappoint but Im sure atleast 2 will be flames. So here's a list over come up with from news, interviews and rumors of who's coming out.

Redman Red's Gone Wild,
Method Man untitled RZA exec. produced LP,
Q-Tip The Renaissance,
Busta Rhymes The Big Bang,
Nas Nasdaq Jones,
OC Smoke & Mirrors,
Raekwon Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Part II,
Ghostface FishScale.

There's more but i'll leave those names for now.

peace.

I'm watching out for busta and ghostface... Honestly, I don't see why ghostface isn't that successful mainstream. I liked bulletproof wallets and (like he said in pretty toney) it went wood, and it doesn't look like he got much airplay with the pretty toney album either.

Hopefully Monch drops something too. And there is word that he is officially off Geffen and about to drop something like a mixtape or single.

Also The Roots coming with a new album in the first quarter of 2006. Maybe they reached prominence in the late 90s, but they were certainly there in the middle of the decade.

jbrolax

Hymnz said:
nas' album sounds like a greatest hits thing. just his name... i could (and probably am) wrong though

His Name is Nasir Jones

And i thought the album was gonna be Nasdaq Dow Jones, playing off the whole stockmarket...

These guys all had huge expectations and potential. They never measured up. Not even Nas. The biggest and best f/the mid-90s have either

a) died (Pac, Biggie, Eazy-E, Pun)

or

b) moved on to bigger and better (Diddy, Jigga, Mase -- well he's back now, Master P, Ice Cube, Fugees, Will Smith, DMX)

OutKast, Snoop, and LL are the only ones still really doin it.

jflballer said:
These guys all had huge expectations and potential. They never measured up. Not even Nas. The biggest and best f/the mid-90s have either

a) died (Pac, Biggie, Eazy-E, Pun)

or

b) moved on to bigger and better (Diddy, Jigga, Mase -- well he's back now, Master P, Ice Cube, Fugees, Will Smith, DMX)

OutKast, Snoop, and LL are the only ones still really doin it.
Forgot about Dre?
(See what i did there?)

^^word "oh my god" is supposed to drop but we've been wating for ages...

Also The fuggess joint is gonna come out

and poisen pen is supposed to drop feb11 :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.