2 albums I'm anticipating

I really ain't feeling too many west coast artists (besides Pac, of course), but I'm def. feeling the Game.. Like Pittsey said all his mixtapes have been consistant.. Especially his "Stop Lyin/Snitchin" and the 1 he put out with him holding 50's head(lol).. The "Down and Out" remix he did I think was better then the Cam version.. Can't wait for his new LP!!

Aristotle said:
About Game getting deeper, I think that happens with every rapper, every artist really. Once they form a sound and get a hold of that audience then they can release nearly whatever they want. Sometimes it is great and people dont feel it (Streets Disciple) and sometimes the artists realizes this and just makes money (Encore). Thats what sucks thugh and why you have to admire artists who are themselves to begin with.
great examples :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

still hoping that the NAs/Premier LP drops (any word on that) and with Game should be a classic given the features (Lauryn Hill being one) and producers (Dre,Hi-Tek,Kanye,etc..)

ARon

I think Nas and Premo was just talking and people got so excited they expected something to come out all soon. Personally I wouldn't expect that til at least next year, hopefully I'm wrong.
Lauryn Hill on the album, didn't hear about that, tight.

Aristotle said:
I think Nas and Premo was just talking and people got so excited they expected something to come out all soon. Personally I wouldn't expect that til at least next year, hopefully I'm wrong.
Lauryn Hill on the album, didn't hear about that, tight.

Well its due 2nd qtr this year according 2 XXL

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
But 50 holds the mixtape title? I dont agree with that at all.
I don't mean he is the best at putting mixtapes out currently. But he was the 1 who made the mixtape phenomenon what it is today. Before he broke he was the 1 who made people anticipate the tapes like they did real albums. He's the reason that we are now saturated with them.

The way I look at it, the title started with Dre and them back in the 80's. 50 Made use of it in late 90's early 00's and took that title. No one has yet made use of the mixtape scene to take that title away.

Maybe I'm just fucked up. :)

ARon

I understand what you're saying now.
As far as other artists utilizing the mixtape scene nowadays it's like who doesn't? If you don't have a mixtape out before your album you are doing something wrong it seems. So yeah the business of the mixtape came with 50 you could say.

Aristotle said:
I think Nas and Premo was just talking and people got so excited they expected something to come out all soon. Personally I wouldn't expect that til at least next year, hopefully I'm wrong.Lauryn Hill on the album, didn't hear about that, tight.

Oh yeah there definatley working on the album. I was reading the "Scratch" magazine at work and they dedicated a few pages to it. Nas and Premo did a photo shoot together and then right after that they went and vibed in the studio, talked alot about and album and decided to give it a shot. So with that momentum hopefully they will get a record out by the end of the year. thats all im hoping for.

One album im really really looking forward to is Ice Cube. Child Support is so tight yet funny track i can't stop playing. Why We Thugs is kool too but whats another track leaked i dont know of?

Few lines that stand out:

i'm the father of this gangsta shit never new i had bastard kids

all you rappers should kiss a make up take your bullshit jewelry back to jake up

mc's are funny all you rap about is pussy and money

you got million dollar niggas killin million dollar niggas

i know the scripture but there something wrong with the picture what you mad about diamonds all in your mouth

young rappers looking for packate change with the bubble lyrics go get your diper change

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.