2 albums I'm anticipating

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I am very much anticipating Game's album. He has definately gotten a whole lot better over the last 6 months. His flow, his lyricism, his content have all improved recently. He has released some great mixtape tracks. And I am now very much waiting on Doctors Advocate. If the beats are as good as Documentary, and he maintains the high standard I've heard on the last few tracks, then we could have a classic.

Which, while I'm on the subject of Game. Does anyone have the track which starts of with him chatting about taking Beyonce and her Rocafella chain? It doesn't really have a hook. But there's like a semi hook in the middle where he says something about "360". He also speaks on Fase and G-Unit. It's a very solid track. Heard it on the radio yesterday.

Another album I'm anticipating is Cubes. I have heard 3 tracks from it now. All of them great. It could be his best album since Death Certificate. After all the shit he has released, it seems he is actually putting the effort in this time. Like he actually cares if it's a success.

Discuss.

2Pax

I'm anticipating Game's album more than any others, i'm expecting nothing less than classic production and The Game really has improved all round as a rapper since 'The Documentary'.

Havn't heard any of Cube's new material, i'll have to check it.

I'm also anticipating RZA's new album and Detox if it drops this year..

i think alot of people are expecting Doc's Advocate. Seein if Game can come with tracks that doesnt involve G-unit. but agreed, the beef seem to make Game alot better rap wise

the documentary was a near classic, and game's lyrics werent even that good on it. i agree, he has gotten A LOT better over the past six months. his last couple mixtapes have shown how much he has improved as an MC. Advocate should be a classic

There's a shit load I'm lookin forwards to:

The Game
Nas
Kanye West
Mobb Deep
Ghostface
T.I.
Raekwon
Busta Rhymes
All the other Wu members
Saigon
DMX
Syles P (if it ever comes out)
Cam'ron
Ras Kass (if he releases)
Dr. Dre

and I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting.

This year's going to be a good hear for Hip-Hop.

im really looking forward to game's album. with you on that on. the track your talking about is called "360 Degreez" its up on www.hiphopgame.com in the audio section

i thought cube's new one was going to be a heater too, but i really dislike the single why we thugs. child support was hot though

a

ARon

You think Game's flow, has changed over the past 6 months? His content hasn't changed at all really, except who he disses, still the same rapper reppin compton, gangsta, etc, not saying it is bad either. As far as lyricism goes he was solid and still is. I don't think he has a changed really, a bit more polished but he is still just as solid as I first thought he was. But yeah defineitely looking forward to it.

^^^ i agree, his content really hasnt changed other than the fact that he barely namedrops like he used to, which is a huge plus. like you said, his flow is more polished, but his lyricism has definitely stepped up. he used to sound real generic, but now his rhyme schemes become more and more complex with every song (don't body ya self remix and u aint crazy) and you can actually sense emotion and feeling in his voice now, something he didnt have before. i honestly feel this dude has a chance to make an undisputed hip hop classic.

MY TOP 5 MOST ANTICIPATED
1.) The Game- Doctor's Advocate
2.) Nas- *as of yet untitled*
3.) T.I.- King
4.) Ghostface- Fishscale
5.) Raekwon- OB4CL2
Honorable Mention---> 2pac (a boy can dream, can't he?)

ALBUMS I'M PRAYING WILL FINALLY DROP!
1.) Rakim
2.) Crooked I
3.) Dr. Dre- Detox
4.) Ras Kass
5.) Jay-Z

If X's new album is comming out im anticipating that this year....verse on touch it rmx was sick!

I'm tired of talkin to yall niggas,
I'ma stick a fork in yall niggas,
When I hit em man,
That truck come get em man,
Fucked up How I did em man WHAT

This sounds like the old x to me!

Yea, I'm waiting for the Game to drop too.. His Devil Advocate, G-Not, and Stop Lying Stop Snitchin mixtapes are crack!!! Theirs a guy "Beach Boy" thats in his BWS camp that sounds pretty good too.. Im sure they'll be on a track on his new album...

am i the only one not looking forward to game? Im growing tired of his style and whole going at everyone on his mixtapes. I mean hes been rappin mainstream for like 2 yrs and look how many foes he has.

_carmi

me, myself & us
i'm looking forward to DMX and Game. i dont think Dre's album will be released this year. maybe in 2007. i just wanna hear the old DMX coming back on brand new tracks and Game's tracks on Doc's Advocate and hopefully it wont be a full album dissing g-unit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
You think Game's flow, has changed over the past 6 months? His content hasn't changed at all really, except who he disses, still the same rapper reppin compton, gangsta, etc, not saying it is bad either. As far as lyricism goes he was solid and still is. I don't think he has a changed really, a bit more polished but he is still just as solid as I first thought he was. But yeah defineitely looking forward to it.

I see what you're saying. But I can see Game getting deeper as a rapper. I always thought he was solid, and the fact he acts like a prick appeals to me too. But I think he has stepped up the lyricism and flow. It seems to be at the standard of "We Aint" all the time now.

That track 360 Degreez is 1 of the best mixtape tracks I've heard this year. He's taking 50's mixtape title. Until Crooked drops BossMusic 2 that is.

But there's definately a lot of good albums dropping this year. Including a lot that haven't been mentioned including Apathy, Celph Titled, Etc.

Pittsey said:
I see what you're saying. But I can see Game getting deeper as a rapper. I always thought he was solid, and the fact he acts like a prick appeals to me too. But I think he has stepped up the lyricism and flow. It seems to be at the standard of "We Aint" all the time now.

That track 360 Degreez is 1 of the best mixtape tracks I've heard this year. He's taking 50's mixtape title. Until Crooked drops BossMusic 2 that is.

But there's definately a lot of good albums dropping this year. Including a lot that haven't been mentioned including Apathy, Celph Titled, Etc.
Even if Crooked I drops his mixtape, Game will still hold that title IMO. He's been consistently good on every mixtape hes dropped.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DPG iz all I C said:
Even if Crooked I drops his mixtape, Game will still hold that title IMO. He's been consistently good on every mixtape hes dropped.

I dunno.

I have heard so many good tracks from Crook, if he'd have got the breaks Game got, he'd be selling those numbers.

And 90% of this board would hate him. ;)

ARon

^Yeah right you know how many people on this board want someone from the west to blow, people got excited with game but if Crooked got big they'd be happy as hell, he'd enter top 5 lists just on talks of a release date.
But 50 holds the mixtape title? I dont agree with that at all.

About Game getting deeper, I think that happens with every rapper, every artist really. Once they form a sound and get a hold of that audience then they can release nearly whatever they want. Sometimes it is great and people dont feel it (Streets Disciple) and sometimes the artists realizes this and just makes money (Encore). Thats what sucks thugh and why you have to admire artists who are themselves to begin with.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.