1994? is it considered old school?

ok this is ridiculous, his post barely even talked about old school, heres some ideas for songs and cds:

az- doe or die is a must have, trust me anything az is something u can just sit back and nod ur head to

nas-illmatic, enough said

jay-z- reasonable doubt, songs like regrets and cashmere thoughts are smooth ass shit

eminem-infinite, for anyone who hasnt listened to this cd, and especially this song, u do not know what ur missing, this is actually my favorite em cd by far

the show soundtrack- there are some tight songs on this 2, everyday thang by bone thugs is sick as hell, another nod ur head song

a final, personal fav of mine is
eightball and mjg- on top of the world album, this cd is one of my favs, songs like: for real, space age pimpin, top of the world, what can i do are all tight songs

i know this isnt exactly what u were lookin for, but i def recommend these cds and songs, they all are things u can kinda just sit back and chill out 2 real nicely,

peace

7 Syns

I don't personally consider 1994 oldschool because alot of fresh records came out that year which still sound fresh today. Redman's Dare iz A Darkside as you pointed and ofcourse Biggie's Ready To Die. Nas Illmatic had a sorta oldschool vibe but at the same time sounded refreshing also that year had and check for Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, that definatle yhas a funky vibe. Also other great records from that year are O.C.'s Word... Life, if you like Illmatic I strongly suggest you give this a spin. 8Ball & MJG's debut Comin' Out Hard dropped in '94 aswell and that as a solid record. Then there's ofcourse Method Man's Tical which sits on the borderline between great and classic.

There's The Sun Rises In The East by Jeru The Damaja, thats also borderline classic. And ofcourse Common's classic piece Resurrection. The Root's dropped Do You Want More and I think Gangstarr came with Hard To Earn that year.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.