Your opinion 2005 Best Song

What do y'all reckon were the best 5 songs of last year and why?

Here's mine...

:fury: 1. Bizzy Bone - How We Play (the lyrics and the piano driven beat are so fuckin soulful I can just imagine Bizzy with a fat cigar sat in an old blues club on stage at the piano. fucking awesome song, a Bone classic hands down)

:cool: 2. Kanye West - Heard Em Say (the beat is clever, it mixes that hip hop vibe with a kind of old seventies synthesised pop thing. Lyrics are average but that's all i expect from kanye)

:horny: 3. Krayzie Bone - Getchu Twizted (Mr Sawed Off Leathaface silenced all of Twista's fans who were sayin he had the fastest tongue after Slow Jamz. Plus Krayzie proved he could cross over from beats like Home to beats like Lil Jon's crunk based getchu twizted without even skippin a syllable.)

;) 4. Damian "Jr.Gong" Marley - Welcome to Jamrock (can't help it I just fuckin love this guy! He's like raps own Bob of tha same surname. actually love that single he did with Nas too, Road To Zion. So far heard nothin but heat and Welcome To Jamrock is a reggae/rap classic)

:confused: 5. Eminem - Mockingbird (i think eminem is lyrically sound. Tha beat for mockingbird is nice and i just think the song deserves a shout.)

sorry to disagre i like kayne but just wasnt feeling that song heard them say
cant think right now what i thinki tha best song is lol il get back to yall xx

My '05 favs off the top of my head in no particular order...

Red Cafe, Jae Milz, Stack Bundles- Hustlas Go Crazy (Jae Milz did a solo version too on the same beat, which was hot too)

Cassidy - AM 2 The PM - (I was really feeling this one. Cassidy is sick in battles but not all that when hes makin songs.. This one was crack)

Camron and Kanye - Down and Out (I think Kanye is ass as a rapper, but the beat is hot and Cam's flow is tight on this one

Buckshot and Starang Wonder - Money Makes the World Go Round RMX (Off the Buckshot and 9th Wonder LP. I played this alot... I'm mad happy that the Bootcamp Click dropped mad albums last year)

The Game - 300 bars (1st time I heard this I was like "Oh S!!!t!!, just like Im sure alot of other people were)

AZ - Still Alive (AZ's new album was slept on. Definately one of my favs of '05)

Paul Caine and Fabulous (Cant remember the title cuz I got it on a mix... It got BIG on the hook)

Couple more but I cant remember!

ThUg $TyLe said:
Can you upload that Bizzy Bone song.

Dumb Out was one of my fave tracks of 2005.

Wasn't Mockingbird 2004?

Will try to upload How We Play coz it is definitely worth it!!!

Gimme a couple of days I will PM you homedawg!

jbrolax

Advocate said:
^ word

Common feat. Kanye - The Food

edit -

& Joe Budden - Dumb Out
looks like were on the same page:thumb:

I was gonna put both of those as well but i figured people would say food was 04 because of the chappele show and dumb out was a mixtape release

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.