Young Jeezy and Paul Wall

Two new emcee's approaching the mainstream scene. Anyone know about these two guys? Or, I should ask, does anyone KNOW ANYTHING about these guys, not just who they are.

In the most recent edition of The Source (Jada on the cover) there is a big article in there on Paul Wall. But, all they do is give his background and shit. I saw on MTV yesterday that tomorrow Wall will have a "Making The Video" segment on, but I haven't heard any of his music.

Today while watching my guilty pleasure the Real World/Road Rules Inferno II, an MTV "You Hear It First" commercial came on pimpin this guy named Young Jeezy, who is apparently a member of P. Diddy's new group Boyz In Da Hood, however, Jeezy is also going solo as well. Jeezy is apparently signed to BOTH Def Jam AND Bad Boy (which, how a rapper can be signed to two competing labels is beyind me) in addition to the fact that he own his own label Corporate Thugz Entertainment.

Since I'm so fed up with the current state of rap music, I'm always looking for new upcoming artists that I think could bring the game back to the level of quality it was around 91-96, when I think rap was at it's peak best. For the past year I've really been digging Ohio rapper Epik's shit and I hope he blows up eventually (he's only 18).

So...can anyone tell me anything new about Paul Wall or Young Jeezy? Also, does anyone have any work by either of these two that they can up? According to the person who did the Paul Wall interview for The Source claims that "on record, you would swear this young emcee is black...until you see him in the flesh".

I'm really hoping Wall is talented and is not going to be another one hit wonder or as Chris Rock once said about a lot of rappers "here today and gone tomorrow". As a white emcee myself with Eminem being the only mainstream white successful rapper, I'm really hoping that the best comes of Wall and Epik, because I'd love to see a couple other people prove that white people got flow too.

Don't forget, if anyone has anything by Jeezy or Wall, please up them if you can so I can give it a listen.

Thanks in advance.

roaches

Well, you've posted about how much you hate Mike Jones. Paul Wall has the third verse on "Still Tippin". In fact, he starts it with "What it do it's Paul Wall I'm the people's champ", so in the future before you start hating on songs you might want to actually pay attention to them.

Young Jeezy has a couple of mixtapes with DJ Drama. He has a lot in common with T.I., at least superficially. Even his video looks like a T.I. video. According to mediabase.com, "And Then What" and "Trap or Die" with Bun B are being played on Detroit urban radio as often as Eminem's "Ass Like That" (I hope I'm not being too subtle here).

Jeezy is apparently signed to BOTH Def Jam AND Bad Boy (which, how a rapper can be signed to two competing labels is beyind me) in addition to the fact that he own his own label Corporate Thugz Entertainment.
It's called having a good lawyer. Or it could be that Boyz N the Hood is just signed to Def Jam as a group, and are free to pursue solo deals wherever.

Well, you've posted about how much you hate Mike Jones. Paul Wall has the third verse on "Still Tippin". In fact, he starts it with "What it do it's Paul Wall I'm the people's champ", so in the future before you start hating on songs you might want to actually pay attention to them.
Because, listening to Mike Jones would help me see whether or not Paul Wall has talent?

Mike Jones is irrelevant to Paul Wall. Why would I wait for the third verse when I thought the first half of the song sucked?

So before you tell people what to do, you might want to get the whole story...yeah.

Young Jeezy has a couple of mixtapes with DJ Drama. He has a lot in common with T.I., at least superficially. Even his video looks like a T.I. video. According to mediabase.com, "And Then What" and "Trap or Die" with Bun B are being played on Detroit urban radio as often as Eminem's "Ass Like That" (I hope I'm not being too subtle here).
Well, I don't listen to the radio. I haven't since 1996 becuase since then, all the stuff that gets played on Detroit rap stations is crap. I listen to my CD's. Haven't listened to the radio in 8 years.

And I love how people around here think because you like Eminem you must love everything he does. "Ass Like That" is one of the worst songs ever made.

It's called having a good lawyer. Or it could be that Boyz N the Hood is just signed to Def Jam as a group, and are free to pursue solo deals wherever.
Uh...Boyz N Da Hood are signed to Bad Boy...at least according to Sway on MTV today.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.