Young Gunz Blame Jay Z For Flopping

Young Chris

The Young Gunz are back to where they started: Young Chris said he and Neef are living in their old Philly neighborhood again. "I'm back on the block at my original house I was raised in," Chris said. "Of course our families are cool, we moved them out [of the 'hood]. But me and Neef are back to scratch. I'm trying to figure out how we get back to that." Chris said it's been tough for the Gunz lately. Their last LP flopped and they haven't been doing many live shows. "After Brothers From Another came out and we ain't do what we was expected to do [saleswise], sh-- got real crazy," he said. "Before, I knew it was business [with the record label], but that sh-- really woke us up. N---as ain't give us a second single. ... I blame [the label] but I also blame ourselves. We didn't get in the streets and bust our ass with [promoting the album] like we did Tough Luv. All we did was rely on the machine. ... You can't really do that." So Chris is working on getting his career back on track. He said he's finally going to put out a solo album. "It's called Now or Never, because I'm back putting my all in this sh--. If y'all don't get it now, y'all ain't never gonna get it. I'm ready to hurdle over all the mistakes." As for Neef, Chris said they're definitely still together, and the quieter half of the Gunners will be making cameos on Now or Never. There's also talk of a State Property reunion as all the members are talking again and some have even recorded together. ...

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/032006/

jay just doesnt know what hes doing as president, he cant run the label at all he cant even run rocafella records. Now hes got the young gunz out there struggling for survival. Some president huh?

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
gee, maybe it's because young gunz suck?
putting all the blame on "the machine" instead of asking why people don't like the songs they made is a little naive.

rocafella did alot better with dame running it. how the young gunz in the hood and they got their families out the hood? that aint make sense. they were in a car magazine last month, i forgot the name. they looked like they had cash.

AmerikazMost

That's a shame. I like the Young Gunz, and they don't deserve that.

I never thought Jay had great management skills. Guess he's proving me right.

PuffnScruff

"I blame [the label] but I also blame ourselves. We didn't get in the streets and bust our ass with [promoting the album] like we did Tough Luv. All we did was rely on the machine. ... You can't really do that.""

that about says it all right there

The young guns 1st lp was one of my favorites in '03.. had like 6-7 songs on it that I constantly played.. Then when I heard that their new album was droppin, I picked it up like the 2nd or 3rd day it dropped and damn.. that shit was garbage... Only like 10-12 tracks and it sounded like they were trying to bring the old school back, but i wasnt feelin it at all... Hard to believe that Rocafella woulda even put something that bad out.. Theirs no way they coulda expected that to sell...

yo' when foo'z get money they don't wanna work...now they starvin' again n' they hungry to succeed....should of never broke up the roc...the way i see it the label can't survive wit out biggs, dame, n' jay willing to put a %100 in.....every artist besides Kanye that came out under Jay has flopped...that should prove how good of a president he is, once he heard those garbage albums he should've sent them back into the lab, but he fed their egos n' told um' it was hot....what a waste of talent

roaches

Nas works for Jay-Z, there is a separate forum for downloads, 2pacnbiggie was really thirsty for something to post about in StreetHop.

7 Syns

I was the one who said Jigga doesn't know what he is doing lol. I said it back last year when Redman and Joey got constantly pushed back, everyone else was defending him. Jay iz a poster boy, Dame is a business man and Biggs is a business brains. Thats how Roc-a-Fella worked. Thats why Def Jam isn't working, yes Jeezy sold but how couldn't he when the entire south in on a hot streak?

peace.

Well with President Carter runnin ship:

Jezzy(the hotness right now)
Ne-Yo(#1 Lp)
Ghost(should do good)
LL(should sale good, and single is poppin off a lil)
That chick off the Roc had a hit single
Kanye
Juelz(hit song, and making money off his enemies)
Rihanna(hit song)

and the acquiring Slip-N-Slide(whihc has been a succesful company) and the Roots

he isn't doing that bad'....thats like blaming Jigga for every LP Bleek put out....sometimes it falls on the artist

Jezzy(that's 1)
Ne-Yo(that's 2)
Ghost(i think it's gonna go gold, not plat)
LL(again, another gold recordl)
Tiarra something (if I'm not mistaken didn't the album tank)
Kanye(that's 3)
Juelz(if read correctly, i remember in XXL cam'ron said JayZ has nothing to do wit Juelz, they going thru L.A. Reid at Def Jam)
Rihanna(album tanked)
Memphis Bleek(tanked)
Young Gunz(Tanked)
Nas(that's a maybe, even wit Jay Z i'm still iffy on this one)

roaches

^^ just what I was going to say.

I'd also like to add that if the south's hotness is what made Jeezy sell, why couldn't Slim Thug, who had the first verse and the hook of one of last year's most popular songs, sell?

Also, if Damon Dash and Biggs were the "real businessmen", why haven't we heard shit about them since Jay-Z jumped ship?

I'm not willing to give Jay-Z all the credit, though. From the Fortune piece and all of the other articles gawking at ThatRapperPretendingToBeABusinessManHowCuteShouldntHeBeBustingCapsOrSomething
, it seems like Jay-Z is more of an A&R and L.A. Reid (remember him?) is the one handling business. Mr. Carter's the president and CEO, though, so of course he should get his props as well.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.