Young Gunz back in the hood

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Roc-A-Fella duo Young Gunz has landed back in the streets of Philly due to poor album sales and an admitted lack of commitment to Brothers from Another, their sophomore LP. Young Chris, the more celebrated half of the group, says Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam could have promoted better but he and his Nicetown brethren didn’t go hard for the project either. "We didn't get in the streets and bust our ass with [promoting the album] like we did Tough Luv," said Chris. "All we did was rely on the machine. ... You can't really do that."

Neef AKA "Neef Buck2 and Young Chris have relocated their families, but Chris says, "I'm back on the block at my original house I was raised in. I'm trying to figure out how we get back to that." Young Gunz, recruited by Jay-Z and Dame Dash in their early teens, has expressed its’ frustration over learning that the industry is ultimately about the bottom line, but when the duo didn’t get to release a second single from Brothers from Another it really hit home.

Young Chris plans to release a solo album called Now or Never, viewing this as his possible last go-around. "If y'all don't get it now, y'all ain't never gonna get it," said Chris. "I'm ready to hurdle over all the mistakes." Neef, who did not comment, is said to be working with Chris and possibly the entire State Property crew for a new LP.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online