Young Buck gets probation over Vibe stabbing

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
After facing charges for stabbing Dr. Dre's attacker during last year's Vibe Awards melee, today Young Buck learned he will not have to serve time in the incident.

After having his court date pushed back multiple times, the Tennessee rapper finally appeared before a judge today and was sentenced to probation and community service.

Buck (born David Darnell Brown) was charged with stabbing Vibe Awards attendee Jimmy James Johnson, 27, after Johnson punched Dre at the awards show on November 15, 2004.

Since the incident occurred, Buck has seen his court date pushed back no less than four times.

Today Buck entered a no contest plea to a charge of assault likely to produce great bodily harm. Superior Court Judge James Brandlin sentenced the rapper to three years of probation, and required him to perform 80 hours of community service.

Last year, Johnson alleged Suge Knight promised him $5,000 and forgiveness on a debt owed by his brother, to assault Dr. Dre at the award ceremony. Knight denied these allegations and Johnson pleaded guilty on September 14 to felony assault. He was sentenced to a year in jail and placed on three year's probation.

For now, Young Buck is a free man; however he is still facing felony gun possession charges stemming from an August incident, when he and Lloyd Banks were among a group of men arrested in a van after performing at Madison Square Garden. At the time Young Buck pled not guilty to those charges. He is due back in court on January 26.

Source: SOHH.com

Young Buck gets probation over Vibe shooting

This news was posted really poorly. First of all. It says "probation over Vibe Shooting" and also you don't address the fact that Young Buck didn't stab anyone. He tried to attack him with a fork. They also found the knife and with dna evidence pulled someone elses sweat off the knife handle. At least I read that somewhere else. I believed it because there is no way Buck would get off with probation when the guy who hit dre got a year in the pen.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

^^^

You can't just post hearsay.

The reason Buck got prodation was due to provocation, and a poor case from the prosecution. Therefore Buck entered a plea that kept them happy, and they rewarded him with a lighter sentence.

News report looks fine to me, and also "source : SOHH", they don't usually fuck up.

Wait ... so a man stabs sumone, and gets probation ... another man punches sumone and gets jail time. If Buck had been white, this would be a huge race issue.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

^^ Maybe. But in a court of law things are different. Both parties are happy with the result. At the end of the day it wasn't attempted murder, as silly as it may sound his life wasn't threatened at all and I don't know about the US, but in the UK the highest charge he'd of received would probably be ABH.

wow.. thats ridiculous.... the guy punches dre and gets jail time....... buck stabs him and gets community service... 5-0 must really got some connections.. haha G-UNOT

The deal, which Buck's attorney, Scott Leemon, leaked last week, comes just weeks before the trial was supposed to begin.

"What we'll tell you now is what we didn't tell anyone back then," a cheerful Leemon said outside the courthouse. "If you remember that first day [at Buck's arraignment in January], I told you pictures may be deceiving. Guess what? Pictures were deceiving. We knew that day in Buck's hand was a fork. He did not have a knife, he did not cause the injury and what we were able to prove by DNA evidence, by video analysis, is actually he did not do the stabbing."

Leemon's co-council, Lenny Levine, said a knife found on the scene at the Vibe Awards with victim Jimmy James Johnson's blood on it also had DNA from sweat that did not match Buck's. Video analysis conducted by the rapper's defense team also showed a fork in the rapper's hand.

"The allegation was that he used a knife and caused injury — that was dismissed," Levine said. "What he did admit to doing was having a fork and getting involved in some action with Mr. Johnson. He didn't cause any injury, he didn't stab him, but he had the fork. He takes responsibility for that, it was wrong, and he wants to move on now."

"I'm glad to get the situation over with so I can get right back out here and make good music," said Young Buck, who hugged his attorneys as he left the courtroom. "Look out for my new album, it's gonna be in stores summertime of '06, Bad Influence, and you can hear all about the situation. G-Unit!"

Buck didn't stab anyone you clowns. That's why he got probation.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

^^^ You are pretty naieve. If Buck didn't stab anyone why did he get probation? 50 Cent was involved in the fracas and didn't receive any time. Buck took the probation because he did infact do the stabbing, his defence have shown flaws in the prosecutions evidence. Could it be a fork? It's quite possible, even though it more than likely isn't. but they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it is a knife.

^^^ OMG I'm SO NAIVE!!! Wait a second.... He got probation because he entered a PLEA BARGAIN, to not go to trial. He did attempt to cause harm with a fork, that is why he is still recieving some punishment.

You're posting on likelihoods like you know everything. "it more than likely wasn't a fork" You don't know.

"Buck Took the probation because he did infact do the stabbing" You don't know.

I think it's funny that your supposed to be some sort of leader here on the boards, and I post relevant news on the case, and you're sitting here calling me "naieve". First of all, that's not how you spell "naive", and secondly you don't know me and my previous post didn't warrent insult.

If you think he did stab the guy, you could post about why you think that, without playing 4th grade bully and talking down to me.

This fallacy of logic is actually called ad hominum abusive. Where instead of attacking my argument. You just call me names and try to make me look stupid.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Yes there is video footage of him stabbing the person. And 50 was involved but didn't get any sort of police interaction.

Strange??

Damn I made a spelling mistake my life is over. I didn't realise that NAIVE was an insult. Obviously you are young, I appologise. I still think that you don't really understand how a court of law works, but I don't wish to get into it as you might get upset. I'll leave the debating to others.

You know very little about me. BTW I vaguely remember "appologise" being spelled apologize.

The video didn't conclusively show Buck stabbing anyone. Back in the earlier reports Buck's lawyers said the video was deceiving. They now say this "Video analysis conducted by the rapper's defense team also showed a fork in the rapper's hand." The fact that they accepted the plea bargain tells me their must have been some truth to this fork story.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Apologise is actually spelt A-P-O-L-O-G-I-S-E. Being from the UK I tend to use the Queens English and not that which has been bastardized over the years. I know I spelt it wrong above, but again you are showing your immaturity by pointing it out.

I admit I know nothing about you, but as a stab in the dark I'd say you were under 16, and that your favourite rappers, infact probably 90% of your rap enjoyment, comes from Interscope.

I'd rather stay on topic, so please keep my name out of your mouth further in this thread and don't come looking for posts by me, so you can "debate". Any further posts off topic will be deleted.

So either accept the apology for my heinous crime of calling you naive (and spelling it wrong), or move on.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

MakaveliPrime01 said:
hahaha it's spelled Apologize. You're wrong. Check dictionary.com.

Well done. Dictionary.COM, an American site. Check an English dictionary. As in a dictionary from ENGLAND, not US.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.