Young Buck: 50 Cent to retire from music

Young Buck suspects that 50 Cent may soon step away from music: if and when he does, Buck is determined to take his place.

The rapper has the impression that 50 Cent (aka Curtis Jackson) is beginning to tone down his musical endeavours so that he can pass on the torch to the other G-Unit members.

"I think 50's in the mind of falling away from the music mode. He's definitely in the studio, but if he does do this album, it might be the last one,” Young Buck said.

"It's like 50's getting into a space where he feels like, 'You know what, Buck? I'm gonna fall back and leave this to you, Banks [and] Yayo."

This may well be because Jackson wants to integrate himself into Hollywood and other related businesses. Buck says that the rapper has been prepping his crew for a takeover.

"He's putting a lot of stuff in my hands, into my own label [Cashville Records]. At the end of the day, 50 [wants to] know if something ever happened to him, his company will be carried up through what he's taught us, hands-on. He's never kept us in the blind. We've always been aware of business meetings and sat beside him and everything. I think he sees I'm ready now."

Young Buck is set to release his album Buck The World November 28 but says that the date may not stand.

"I need the whole, total push from the label, so I want to make sure Interscope is fully aware of the project I have. When everything is feeling right, then I'll release it. If it ain't feeling right, it won't get [released on] Nov. 28. We'll be looking after Jan. 1st."

Young Buck is also starting a clothing line, Cashville Clothing, and a restaurant, Cashville Chicken & Waffles.

Snowman

50 has acheived a lot. hes just burnt out on music right now. he'll take some time off come back in a couple of years an make an album. he's just following in the footsteps of Em and Jigga. Eminem will be back shortly. Jay-Z well we all know whats happening.

50 is getting his acting bug right now. going ahead a making a few films.

Mmmm, Cashville Chicken and Waffles.:hungry: (I gotta taste for some breakfast). French Toast especially.

alright... another rapper turned actor. He should stick to snitchin and retire period, but most likely he's goin pull a jay z or too short

Maybe he is realizing the his music is no longer appealing to true rap fans, you know the fans that actually want their music to contain substance. I hope and will pray for his soon retirement from entertainment as a whole. He should just lay back in the cut and let himself dissapear. Yayo and Banks are shit as well, Buck is alright but his chicken and waffles bit is a rip off from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Tupac Tha Great said:
I think its more the way he has run out of things to say,the talentless fuck.

ha ha ha ha ha, so true.....with his fulfilling musical career, why not retire after achieving so much and passing the torch to his labelmates, young buck could definately take them to the next level......................

Ciek

I can respect 50cent now. He did say if his second album wasn't as good as his first, he'd retire from rap. Good to see him stick to those words. He really never had a chance. Way too many talented artist out there.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.