Young Black Teenagers?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching this show on VH2, 40 least hip-hop moments. Anyways, this group, Young Black Teenagers was crashin' the scene back in the early 90's. Yet, I have never heard of them before. Anyways, they are a group of five white kids from Long Island. Their perspective on white/black color is that black is not a color of skin, it's a state of mind. Who knows about them?

roaches

Public Enemy proteges. The story behind their name is that Professor Griff or Hank Shocklee or whoever had a chalkboard with potential names for groups. At one point, there were only two left. The group of white kids was gonna be Leaders of the New School, but Charlie Brown and Busta Rhymes and them liked it so much they went behind their backs and copyrighted it. So they thought it'd be funny to call the white kids by the remaining name - YBT.

One of their members, DJ Skribble - you might've seen him on MTV every now and again. They had a couple of good cuts. That one song, where every member rapped a different verse at the exact same time....

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
roaches said:
Public Enemy proteges. The story behind their name is that Professor Griff or Hank Shocklee or whoever had a chalkboard with potential names for groups. At one point, there were only two left. The group of white kids was gonna be Leaders of the New School, but Charlie Brown and Busta Rhymes and them liked it so much they went behind their backs and copyrighted it. So they thought it'd be funny to call the white kids by the remaining name - YBT.

One of their members, DJ Skribble - you might've seen him on MTV every now and again. They had a couple of good cuts. That one song, where every member rapped a different verse at the exact same time....
Thanks for the info. However, I was more interested to see your opinion on their perspective on skin color. If everybody followed that, there would be no wiggers. :) Yes, I've noticed DJ Skribble, but one dude was like, "I'm Camron". That was kind of shocking.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Ok. Another question. Would it be cool and would it work if it was said now, and not 10+ years ago?

they never really broke out...they had one huge hit "tap the bottle"....so tap the bottle and twist the cap....
other than that nothing....one hit wonders

i would say this quote seems as real as any at the moment....honestly yes people will look at the color of skin but it would be nice if we all did look at it in a positive manner...

would stop a lot of beefs and unecessary rascism

they didnt make it far as a group i know someone who used to listen to them....for some reason a lot of ppl would frown on him for it..wtv ignorant people i say.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online