"you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song". Dead Presidents vs The World Is Yours

7 Syns

"you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song".. Jay-Z on 'Takeover' off Blueprint.

This isn't neccessarily a Jigga vs. Nas thread, however I am interested by this line which Jigga did. Because I find that both tracks in which the line applies to {The World is Yours - Illmatic} and {Dead Presidents 2 - Reasonable Doubt} are ill songs. So im gonna ask y'all which track did you like the better, Ive got a couple of things to judge by.

The lyrics:, The flow:, The delivery:, The Beat:, Consistancy of verses:, Overall product.

Dead Presidents vs The World Is Yours.

Go.

peace.

DPG iz all I C

The World is Yours, Nas' 3rd verse always blows me away

I'm the young city bandit, hold myself down singlehanded
For murder raps, I kick my thoughts alone, get remanded
Born alone, die alone, no crew to keep my crown or throne
I'm deep by sound alone, caved inside in a thousand miles from home
I need a new nigga, for this black cloud to follow
Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow
Trying to maintain, I flip, fill the clip to the tip
Picturin my peeps, now the income make my heartbeat skip
And I'm amped up, they locked the champ up, even my brain's in handcuffs
Headed for Indiana stabbin women like the Phantom
The crew is lampin big Willie style
Check the chip toothed smile, plus I profile wild
Stash through the flock wools, burnin dollars to light my stove
Walk the blocks wit a bop, checkin Danes plus the games
people play, bust the problems of the world today

"you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song". Dead Presidents vs The World Is Y

I dont wanna ruin your thread but if I am real honest..I take the original dead presidents over dead presidents 2...That's just me.

I gotta say this is a very nice thread...i'll rep you 4 it when Im done with this post...

Nas-The world is yours :

Nas comes real nice on this track...
I liked Nas flow in the 1st 2 verses and the 3rd I liked too specially cuz it's different..
I liked that...All verses are good in my opinion..I think every verse has something for everybody...
Lemme quote something I liked..

odds against Nas are slaughter
Thinkin a word best describin my life, to name my daughter
My strength, my son, the star, will be my resurrection
Born in correction all the wrong shit I did, he'll lead a right direction
How ya livin large, a broker charge, cards are mediocre
You flippin coke or playin spit spades in strip poker
The production on this track is still dope nebody who disagrees is an asshole...The scratching makes it all sound pretty good and what I like too is the chorus.."It's yours!" is something that stays in ya head for a while.

Jay-z- Dead presidents II:

Also this is a great song...actually Jay rips it...( and yeah I am Nas fan)
''I'm out for presidents to represent me''

The sample fits in great with the beat..The beat catched my attention from the moment I 1st heard it..If I had to describe it with colors i'd describe it as grey with a lil blue in it lol....

Jay's flow is dopeness...and that stays like that in all verses...This exactly one of those songs that make ppl say DAMN he needs to get back to that style...

Jay was spitting fire in my opinion I'll quote something as an example..

Catch me in the joints, convinced my iguanas is bitin
J-A-Y hyphen, controllin, manipulatin
I got a good life man, pounds and pence
Nuff dollars make sense, while you ride the bench
Catch me swinging for the fence
Dead Presidents, ya know

Uh-huh, yeah, uh-huh, so be it
The Soviet, The Unified Steady Flow
You already know, you light I'm heavy roll, heavy dough
Mic macheted your flow, your paper falls slow
like confetti, mines a steady grow, bet he glow
Pay five dead it from blow, better believe I have
eleven sixty to show
If I am real honest I agree with Jay when he said:

''you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song''

He DID make it a hot song!! Still both songs deserve the greatest respect and both get it...

Laterz

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
i prefer the beat on "dead presidents II". Actually dead pres is a better track, "the world is yours" was mad too, but jigga's just paints such a grimey pic in my head

No Competition, The World Is Yours >>> Dead Presidents

Shit This Is Like Comparing Shit To Gold Or Comparing Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie To Scarface

linx

Staff member
I've always liked "The World Is Yours" more. I'm a fan of both Nas and HOV too by the way.

Naw, "Dead Prezidence" is the ultimate- World is Yours fitting perfectly on the Dead Presidents beat. It's eerie how perfect Jay's beat fits Nas' lyrics 0 0

"you made it a hot line, I made it a hot song". Dead Presidents vs The World Is Y

Personally, I prefer The World is Yours. Everything about that song is classic.

i dont like jay, but Dead Presidents is his best song for me
he has these bars, so tight,

hospital days, reflectin with my man laid up,
on a uptown hot block, he got his side sprayed up,
I saw his life slippin, this is a minor setback,
yo still in all we livin, just dream about the getback,
that made him smile though his eye said "pray for me",
I'll do you one better and slay these niggas faithfully,

i think im going with jay, even though i think he is a terrible MC nowadays, and NAS for life.

a

7 Syns

to whom asked, the only track to ever feature legit nas/jigga verses is Analyze that (original) by Shaq which features the 2 emcee's and Lord Tariq. The released version has no nas verse however.

peace.

2pacnbiggie said:
The World Is Yours >>>>>>>>> Dead Presidents

its not even close
I picture you wearing thick glasses sitting next an overflowing bin in a room with the curtains closed and the light off.

The tragic thing is, I don't know if this internet image of yours is a gimmick or a sad truth exposing mordern society and dedicated 2Pac fans in general.

A big upside down :thumb: for spreading anti-Jay-Z crap on more than one forum, and having over a thousand posts on both.

Bill G said:
I picture you wearing thick glasses sitting next an overflowing bin in a room with the curtains closed and the light off.

The tragic thing is, I don't know if this internet image of yours is a gimmick or a sad truth exposing mordern society and dedicated 2Pac fans in general.

A big upside down :thumb: for spreading anti-Jay-Z crap on more than one forum, and having over a thousand posts on both.
It's more a case of 2pacnbiggie disliking Jay-Z for his persona rather than his "love" for 2Pac.

Bill G said:

i'd appreciate it if u didnt try to picture me at all.... :thumb:

i just answered the question...so whats the problem?

i would have 2 say nas but Jay's line on the original dead presidents are sick

I spit that wonderama shit
me and my conglomerate
shall remain anomous
cause up in the finer shit

these niggas want money like cosby, who wouldnt
but its that kinda talk that make me think u probably aint got no puddin

one day ur cruizin in ur seven, next day ur sweatin forgettin ur lies
alibys aint matchin up, bullshit catchin up
hit wit the reco, they repo'd, ur vehicle, everything was all good jus a week ago

Diaz

Final Call said:
No Competition, The World Is Yours >>> Dead Presidents

Shit This Is Like Comparing Shit To Gold Or Comparing Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie To Scarface
Ok, I dont know what you're saying punk, but I would take SquarePants over Montana anyday.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.