• Yaki Kadafi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tragedy Khadafi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
its linx! said:
Nobody's getting mad, quit being an idiot. And no matter what the poll results are, Tragedy still has the better music (whether quality or quantity) and he's a better overall rapper. For the 10th time, hardly debatable. Who are we going to compare next? Kool G Rap and Fatal from the Outlawz?
just because rappers are veterans doesn't mean their better than someone who wasn't

It's way too late and my minds cloudy, but Kadafi was on atleast 60 songs, probably even more. 60 trips inside of the studio booth is a good amount to measure an artist on.

It is a shame Kadafi never made any real solo material of his own, but he's still comparable to Tragedy, who's the Drew Bledsoe of rappers.

...to the ppl that legitemately listened to both rappers, and feel yaks more talented and skillful, thats great... we have differences in opinion but i respect that.

But damn, I knew we'd have atleast a few dick riders, yes i called u guys dick riders, that'll vote for yak, cuz he's affiliated with pac.

I think Vakill put it best:

"Some of ya'll ridin' dicks and dont know it, like the date rape drug"

Casey

Staff member
its linx! said:
Nobody's getting mad, quit being an idiot. And no matter what the poll results are, Tragedy still has the better music (whether quality or quantity) and he's a better overall rapper. For the 10th time, hardly debatable. Who are we going to compare next? Kool G Rap and Fatal from the Outlawz?
Haha good one. I reckon you would get people on here saying Fatal would rip KGR, it's the way it is. Some people on here would probably say Noble is better than Rakim. Such is life. You know what's up, so it's all gravy. You can't reason with stupidity, my brother. It's so ridiculous that it's not even worth debating.

you can say its bias, but Yaki had hands down the best flow and voice amoung the outlawz, and he was the most unique.

"mashin like pirrahna's or a pack of pitts
bodies get wasted paper chasin tryna stack a grip"

Cooper

Militant said:
Haha good one. I reckon you would get people on here saying Fatal would rip KGR, it's the way it is. Some people on here would probably say Noble is better than Rakim. Such is life. You know what's up, so it's all gravy. You can't reason with stupidity, my brother. It's so ridiculous that it's not even worth debating.
As stupid as people are...I'm not sure anyone would say that about Noble :p

linx

Staff member
Bank Robber said:
just because rappers are veterans doesn't mean their better than someone who wasn't

It's way too late and my minds cloudy, but Kadafi was on atleast 60 songs, probably even more. 60 trips inside of the studio booth is a good amount to measure an artist on.

It is a shame Kadafi never made any real solo material of his own, but he's still comparable to Tragedy, who's the Drew Bledsoe of rappers.
I'm not saying he's better cause he's a veteran. That has alot to do with it though. Meaning he's been in the game so long that he has alot of music to listen to. He has more good music and more music period. I don't know how many songs Yak has been on, but you're probably about right. I'm not even saying I don't feel dude, cause I DO like him. He just isn't fucking with Tragedy is all. As far as the Drew Bledsoe thing, what the fuck? He's not really comparable, that's the point. I don't see it.

EriMakaveli said:
you can say its bias, but Yaki had hands down the best flow and voice amoung the outlawz, and he was the most unique.

"mashin like pirrahna's or a pack of pitts
bodies get wasted paper chasin tryna stack a grip"
I think he was probably the best in the Outlawz as well, but that's it. I don't think he's better than Tragedy or manyyyyyy other rappers for that matter (why go there though). I just see dude as what he is.. a decent rapper. Not bad at all, but not great. I don't see anything special about his voice personally. When I think of great voices, I think Jadakiss, Guru, Rock (From Heltah Skeltah), Sticky Fingaz and more.

its linx! said:

:laugh: @ you calling me an idiot. This is the first instance of namecalling in these KHADAFI threads. And it's on your part. Am I sensing emotions on your part? Could this be anger? What is it? Hunger?:hungry: No matter how hard you are pushing For Candidate B, the polls show that Candidate A is the favorite. It's funny that you said, it's hardly even debatable seeing as you are here being a spokesperson and promoter for Tragedy trying to sway votes in this debate for Candidate B who is loosing or shall I say already lost.:laugh:

Quoting The Great Hova aka Jay-Z "Men lie, Women Lie, Numbers Don't.":laugh:

And LMAO @ some of you on here trying to argue about people who don't have the same preferences as you being stupid. Oh yeah, we all have to think alike to be smart huh.?:rolleyes:

If that is the argument then, I'll say that the fact that you said Jadakiss, Guru, and STICKY FUCKING FINGAZ have great voices just shows that you are not to be taken serious. Let me guess, DMX has a great voice too right? You just bodied yourself by saying that.

linx

Staff member
Bombsquad said:
:laugh: @ you calling me an idiot. This is the first instance of namecalling in these KHADAFI threads. And it's on your part. Am I sensing emotions on your part? Could this be anger? What is it? Hunger?:hungry: No matter how hard you are pushing For Candidate B, the polls show that Candidate A is the favorite. It's funny that you said, it's hardly even debatable seeing as you are here being a spokesperson and promoter for Tragedy trying to sway votes in this debate for Candidate B who is loosing or shall I say already lost.:laugh:

Quoting The Great Hova aka Jay-Z "Men lie, Women Lie, Numbers Don't.":laugh:

And LMAO @ some of you on here trying to argue about people who don't have the same preferences as you being stupid. Oh yeah, we all have to think alike to be smart huh.?:rolleyes:

If that is the argument then, I'll say that the fact that you said Jadakiss, Guru, and STICKY FUCKING FINGAZ have great voices just shows that you are not to be taken serious. Let me guess, DMX has a great voice too right? You just bodied yourself by saying that.
I was telling you to stop being an idiot, it's not like I said "FUCK YOU IDIOT!!".. so quit being that way. Don't try to play that dumb shit either saying that i'm mad or something when i'm simply debating something with you on a message forum. You'll look like a dumbshit for doing that. So all that emotions, anger blah blah can be forgotten about right now. And as I said before, the poll won't matter. This board is full of Pac/Outlaw fans. Yaki Khadafi will win. Tragedy is still alot better though, period. I'm not trying to "sway" anything.. the way you are saying things is ridiculously stupid. I don't think any less of you for liking Khadafi more, that's not the way I am. I'm just here to let you and all the other Outlaw fans know that Tragedy is a better rapper no matter what way you wanna look at it.

And how did I "body" myself when I named some rapper who I think have good voices? Keep listening to the Outlawz and i'll keep listening to the people I named, it's that simple. You seem to think everything about dude is great when that just isn't the case. The people I named have dope voices when you hear them rap, Yak doesnt. At all. What-so-ever.

Next comparison:

Outlawz vs. Wu-Tang Clan.
Kool G Rap vs. Fatal

^word... Personally, I think alot of ppl on this forum need to leave their outlaw/pac obsession behind. I used to be like that... like 6 years ago, and its used to hold me back from alot of really dope shit. I remember when I first heard Tragedy, I was like "oh fuck this guy, he's biting yak, he sucks blah blah blah"... then when i grew out of that ignorant stage, I got into alot of shit that I can easily say is much better than that Outlawz shit.

and Bombsquad, nobody's knocking u for liking kadafi's voice, so I dont see why you would talk about linx!'s preferences in rap voices. If theres 1 thing thats not very easy to measurable in hip hop its definitely an artists voice. Every has their own opinion on an artists voice, I guess the only thing you can measure is if they use it effectively. And yes Sticky Fingaz has a dope ass voice, cuz he uses it effectively to convey the messege in his music.. and whats wrong with DMX's voice? Imagine "Slippin" being replaced by Yak... that shit would take away the whole essence of that track.

... and if u wanna talk about some1 bodying themselves in an arguement, I'd have to say u completely killed urself by bringing in that Jay-Z quote. Numbers can be used to prove anything. Especially when there's a heavy bias (for example the one that exist in this poll). Try going to an Islamic forum and ask if God exists, u'll probably get a 100% saying that he does.. try the same question on an Athiest forum, and the response will be the opposite. And trust me, numbers can be used as "proofs" for alot of false things. Go study a bit of statistics, before using an ignorant quote by "the Great Hova".

~peace

its linx! said:
I was telling you to stop being an idiot, it's not like I said "FUCK YOU IDIOT!!".. so quit being that way. Don't try to play that dumb shit either saying that i'm mad or something when i'm simply debating something with you on a message forum. You'll look like a dumbshit for doing that.So all that emotions, anger blah blah can be forgotten about right now.
Namecalling=Sense of anger=emotions. You lost. Now keep being :angry:

its linx! said:
And as I said before, the poll won't matter.
Sure the poll doesn't matter. That's why it exists because it doesn't matter right. Makes plenty of sense.

its linx! said:
This board is full of Pac/Outlaw fans. Yaki Khadafi will win. Tragedy is still alot better though, period. I'm not trying to "sway" anything.. the way you are saying things is ridiculously stupid. I don't think any less of you for liking Khadafi more, that's not the way I am. I'm just here to let you and all the other Outlaw fans know that Tragedy is a better rapper no matter what way you wanna look at it.
If you like Tragedy it's cool. But stop trying to pass it off that Tragedy is better than anybody as if it's a fact. Tragedy is a bum who never jumpstarted his career. What makes you put a nobody like him above somebody and then worse try to push it off as fact. When was the last time he did anything great? Yak was on one of the greatest diss songs ever. Was on classic albums. Was involved in the process of making classics, etc. If you want to talk about facts, then Yak is way better than Tragedy because it can be proven. And I'm not even big on the Outlawz, but I'm going to call a hoe a hoe.

its linx! said:
And how did I "body" myself when I named some rapper who I think have good voices? Keep listening to the Outlawz and i'll keep listening to the people I named, it's that simple. You seem to think everything about dude is great when that just isn't the case. The people I named have dope voices when you hear them rap, Yak doesnt. At all. What-so-ever.
You bodied yourself because they don't have good voices to me. If you don't think like me, then you're stupid. That's the logic in this forum and I'm going by that. You're wrong. No matter what you do and say that is wrong.

Let me guess, what's next. Tragedy Khadafi is better than Game right.:laugh:

ImmortalTech said:
^word... Personally, I think alot of ppl on this forum need to leave their outlaw/pac obsession behind. I used to be like that... like 6 years ago, and its used to hold me back from alot of really dope shit.
Homie, don't body yourself. Who said I had a Pac/Outlaw obsession. Do you know the last time I listened to 2Pac. And when have I ever had an Outlaw obsession? Why can't you accept the fact that people prefer Yaki to Tragedy without having some type of obsession for Yak. Come on, the numbers don't lie. Yak is winning by a landslide. And don't tell me, there's not a regular number of hip hop listeners on this streethop forum as there are on the Pacside of things.

ImmortalTech said:
I remember when I first heard Tragedy, I was like "oh fuck this guy, he's biting yak, he sucks blah blah blah"... then when i grew out of that ignorant stage, I got into alot of shit that I can easily say is much better than that Outlawz shit.
:laugh:. You see you came into hip hop as a 2Pac fanboy. I came into hip hop as a hip hop fan and not a loyalists. If you had that problem not being able to get into other people's music because of an obsession, then it doesn't mean everyone started listening to hip hop that way. So you can dead that "He's in his 2Pac/Outlaw" stages argument.

ImmortalTech said:
... and if u wanna talk about some1 bodying themselves in an arguement, I'd have to say u completely killed urself by bringing in that Jay-Z quote. Numbers can be used to prove anything. Especially when there's a heavy bias (for example the one that exist in this poll). Try going to an Islamic forum and ask if God exists, u'll probably get a 100% saying that he does.. try the same question on an Athiest forum, and the response will be the opposite. And trust me, numbers can be used as "proofs" for alot of false things. Go study a bit of statistics, before using an ignorant quote by "the Great Hova".
This is a hip hop forum. And the hip hop fans have spoken that Yak is better than Tragedy. If numbers don't matter, then why did a Tragedy supporter go ahead and make a poll? If Tragedy was winning, it would've been "See told you so". But now that he's loosing, "Oh It doesn't mean anything". Basically you're lying. Like The Great Hova said, "Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Don't". That's the motto.

That's my motto, fuck the lotto, I'll get the 7 digits from your mother for a dollar tommorow. Numbers do matter kid.
:laugh:

Cyence said:
I also believe Vanilla Ice might have the best selling rap album of all time. He's the GOAT, because as we all know, numbers dont lie
Well, lately he's been flopping heavily, so the numbers tell us that nobody nolonger wants to hear from him and he's no longer relevant. That's not a lie, that's the truth.

"Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Don't"

Casey

Staff member
Bombsquad, I hate to say this because I like you and I think you're a cool guy - But, aside from people having different preferences and everybody being entitled to their own opinion yada yada yada, there's no way in hell that Yaki was a better rapper than Tragedy. No matter what way you want to twist shit, it's just not happening.

So, what do people base their opinion of better rappers on? I'll break it down.

Songwriting - Tragedy wins by default since I don't have any recollection of Yak writing any songs, coming up with concepts or hooks, or carrying a whole tune by himself. Perhaps if he had lived, he would have written the dopest songs ever! Who knows? But you can't speculate with no evidence to suggest he was a good writer.

Sales - Sales don't mean jackshit to me. As Cyence said, Vanilla Ice ain't making it into no Top 5 Dead or Alive list, and his shit pushed an insane amount of units, feel me? But regardless, some people do take sales into consideration, and with that said - Tragedy wins by default again, since Yak never made an album.

Flow and vocal tone - I love Yaki's vocal tone. I think he had a n ill voice, but it was still developing. He couldn't always flow tightly to the beat - in some tracks you can hear where he couldn't even get the doubled vocal layer exactly matching the original. His flow was always similar - I don't recall any moments where his flow seriously stood out, or surprised me. Tragedy is on point, he is a professional and knows the art of flowing to convey emotion. I look at it like this, and it's the same with 'Pac as it is with Trag - you can HEAR the pain, emotion, and underlying heartfelt soul-searching in his voice. He could be rapping in another language and you could still feel what he's saying. Pac's songs have moved me more than almost any other musical artist ever, Tragedy's songs move me as well (especially 'Permanently Scarred', and 'T.M'), nothing Yaki ever spit actually tugged at my heartstrings. Face it, you can't even hear what Yaki's saying sometimes as he wasn't always very proficient at enunciating himself properly.

....I can continue all day, but I'll stop here for the moment. I understand your blind loyalty to anything remotely related to 'Pac, I was once like that too. But in this case, your argument is really preposterous.

linx

Staff member
I'm not going to read all that stuff you wrote because you're probably just repeating yourself again and again. There's no use for me to keep posting in this thread anyway. Tragedy being better than Yak is pretty much a fact and any real hip hop head would tell you that.

":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:"

Bombsquad, ur funny, and ur ignorant. "Numbers dont lie" is one of the dumbest things i recall hearing in a while. And if ur not forgetting this is a hiphop forum that evolved from a 2pac forum, and most of the members on here were attracted to this forum due to its affiliation with Pac. As far as I'm concerned, yes I did come into hiphop with a pac and bone thugs obsession, and i think i was an ignorant prick, and i dont think everyone else that likes the 2 is the same. And I dont recall saying in particular that u have a pac/outlaw obsession, but i'll stick my neck out and say it now.. u do have an obsession, and its evident, when reviewing ur posts, and biases when speaking on this matter.

When was the last time he did anything great? Yak was on one of the greatest diss songs ever. Was on classic albums. Was involved in the process of making classics, etc. If you want to talk about facts, then Yak is way better than Tragedy because it can be proven.
a) when did he do somehing great? go pick up Against All odds, or Still Reportin, or the Black Market Militia Project. Oh wait sorry, those didnt sell much, just like Chino Xl's "Here to save you all"... damn it i knew shouldnt have picked thos shitty album over a platinum records like 50 cent, or Nelly since "numbers dont lie".

b) Hit em up was a VERY SHITTY diss song, shit go visit an elementry school, and u'll hear colder disses in the playground

c) Yak was on classic albums... hmm CNN - War Report sound familiar? (not that that matters, who gives a shit if a person is featured on a classic album, do u honestly think pac would've even lost a single sale if God forbid Yaki Kadafi wasnt featured on it)

Why can't you accept the fact that people prefer Yaki to Tragedy
preference differs from skills and talent

If numbers don't matter, then why did a Tragedy supporter go ahead and make a poll?
holy fuck, i've addressed this enuff times, I made this thread to view the biases that exist on this forum, which I can easily see

btw, I dont care if u prefer Yak, but u still havent been able to show how yak is more skillful or talented than tragedy, other than the fact yak lived in pacs shadow. Whereas Militant broke it down for u.. but anyways whatever man, someday u'll grow up, and have an open mind towards hiphop and learn a thing or two. Deny ur obsession all u want but its clear that u have biases in favor of Yak.

Basically you're lying. Like The Great Hova said, "Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers Don't". That's the motto.
I'm lying... right, like i said in my original post, try the lil experiment i gave u and see how numbers can be used to "prove" anything... better yet go read about statistics (unless ur too gangsta ofcourse) and if u are, use some common sense.

That's my motto, fuck the lotto, I'll get the 7 digits from your mother for a dollar tommorow. Numbers do matter kid.

how cute... go pick up a book, instead of using some dumbass rappers line as ur motto.. it might expand ur mind, vocab aaannd might even improve ur shitty flow.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.