Xzibits Status

The only credibility Xzibit ever had was on the mic & that basically hasn't really left him, although he might want to think about stepping his game up with his next release.

Not like his first two, x came raw.. now there only a shimmer here and there. The rawest he came in a while was on the unreleased jermaine dupri diss

"If ya So So Def bitch get a hearing aid" - I liked that diss when it came out

I think X may have lost a little credibility when he started Pimp My Ride but he still did make an album up to X standards last year. Sold out though? I don't think so

yak pac fatal said:
oo shit ur not funny :(
I wasn't trying to be.

If you think Xzibit is more of a comedian than a rapper, then please, do me a favour & kill yourself.

And if you're in the mindset that you'd rather continue to live, I must ask, would an online petition change your mind?

yak pac fatal

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I wasn't trying to be.

If you think Xzibit is more of a comedian than a rapper, then please, do me a favour & kill yourself.

And if you're in the mindset that you'd rather continue to live, I must ask, would an online petition change your mind?
omg ur whack

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Xzibit never sold out, if you think that you're an idiot.

Did his style change on Restless? Sure it did. Is this selling out? No. He was actually keeping it real on Restless. Sure he could of released another grimey album, but THAT would have been a lie and only done to capitalize off the success of his first two, thus selling out. X did a party record because that is where his life was at at the time, so he was keeping it real to his life.

Restless was recorded while on the Up In Smoke tour, which would have been a crazy party vibe no doubt full of weed, drinks and women. So thats what the album was about.

X never sold out.

As for Pimp My Ride, its an acting job, and its not like he changed for that audience, he stayed very much the same as he has always been. If you've every spoken to X, or even seen his DVD, you'll know that thats the type of dude he is, weird sence of humor and full of laughs.

And if you think that he sold out simply by taking the job, your 16 year old ass dont know shit. Wait till you become a man and actually enter the real world before you speak on shit you dont even understand.

TCD

Totally agree with Rukas, that's the same dumb shit people say about Common just because he's hooked up with someone who will help him sell more records while not distinguishing his character.

I don't think people understand the term "selling out" or keeping it "real" and just throw these terms around without really knowing what it means.

7 Syns

Rukas said:
Xzibit never sold out, if you think that you're an idiot.

Did his style change on Restless? Sure it did. Is this selling out? No. He was actually keeping it real on Restless. Sure he could of released another grimey album, but THAT would have been a lie and only done to capitalize off the success of his first two, thus selling out. X did a party record because that is where his life was at at the time, so he was keeping it real to his life.

Restless was recorded while on the Up In Smoke tour, which would have been a crazy party vibe no doubt full of weed, drinks and women. So thats what the album was about.

X never sold out.

As for Pimp My Ride, its an acting job, and its not like he changed for that audience, he stayed very much the same as he has always been. If you've every spoken to X, or even seen his DVD, you'll know that thats the type of dude he is, weird sence of humor and full of laughs.

And if you think that he sold out simply by taking the job, your 16 year old ass dont know shit. Wait till you become a man and actually enter the real world before you speak on shit you dont even understand.
Stop posting such legitimate truth!, because you're making these 16yr olds look bad. ha..

Good post, point and opinion. :thumb:

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.