Wu-Tang show

Chronic

Saw them a couple of days ago. It was in a small venue so you could get up close to actually see the show, which was nice. Whole Clan + StreetLife were there. Rapping-wise it was okay but they put on a great, very hyped show.

Things of interest...

The audience:

* People were hating on the local support act before he even started rhyming. I didn't know him or even particularly like him but I was pretty much the only one clapping after each song. Yes, we all came to see the Wu but the guy performing has nothing to do with them being on stage or not, show some fucking respect and don't scream "WE WANT WU" during his set. Obviously he noticed the totally silent crowd but still finished his set, afterwards talked shit to the audience, told them to hold up items and he did a freestyle using the items people gave him. Pretty much had the crowd eating out of his hand, everyone clapped and cheered, then he walked off stage. :thumb: to that guy.

* It's The Netherlands, yet there were people complaining about West Coast music being played in between sets and yelling "New York!". O....kay

* Groupieness. The chance of touching Meth's shoe is a valid reason for murder

* The usual "I'm the biggest Wu fan eva!" attitude seen among groupies, which made it all the more hilarious when the Wu asked all the "real hardcore Wu heads" (cheering ensued) what their first single was. Suddenly the number of people yelling dropped to about 5.

The show itself:

* They were late as fuck

* They performed the entire 36 Chambers album + 2 cuts from Liquid Swords + "It's Yourz", "Triumph" "Reunited" "Ice Cream" + Some ODB songs as a tribute. I heard people talking during their 10 second silence for ODB.

* Ghost looked mad bored. He was more focused on picking out pussy from the front row than rhyming but he never missed a beat

* Meth carried the night. He loved the audience feedback the most. He was his usual hyped self

* Rae started "The Heart Gently Weeps", forgot the lyrics after a while and said "fuck this". That effectively ended the song

* Rae rocked the "Shook Ones Pt. 2" beat for a while (they switched beats for a bit during "Protect Ya Neck" .. I think)

* Meth and U-God did a small breakdance session at the end

Not that interesting but hey!

masta247

Staff member
There's also a Wu tang + Talib Kweli + Shaggy gig here in Poland today but it's in a sucky sucky place and I know that I wouldn't even see them perform + audio is terrible there so it's a pointless way to spend 200$.

THEV1LL4N

* Ghost looked mad bored. He was more focused on picking out pussy from the front row than rhyming but he never missed a beat

* Rae started "The Heart Gently Weeps", forgot the lyrics after a while and said "fuck this". That effectively ended the song
lol at ghost. and rae still probably upset at about the production.

linx

Staff member
I've seen Wu-Tang 3 times and they put on a great show. I think Wu Tang has the best fans to be honest. As i've said before, I have seen a lot of people live, but Wu fans hold it down the most. Whether it be white dudes, black dudes.. you name it. They put it down.

Meth is ALWAYS the most energetic one by far. Dude hops up on the speakers, walks on the crowd, jumps into the crowd and all that shit. One time he told everyone to put their hands up, then he grabs my fucking hand and starts walking on the crowd. I thought he was gonna step on my head. Another time when I was on the stage stairs watching them perform, he grabbed my hand and did some fancy W symbol shit. It was dope though. But I ain't into that "I touched a rapper!" type shit. He's just another guy. You gotta be in the front row when you go to a show though. I wouldn't have it any other way.

The illest part about the Wu show I seen the time before last was when Ghostface came out to "4th Chamber" and performed that first verse. Anyone who knows that beat knows how funky that shit is. I loved it. It was a good intro. They always perform Triumph too. That's a must. They always do their ODB tribute too. I can't wait to see them again. I'm gonna see Rae & Ghost next week though.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
i cant tell you how good it is for hiphop that wutang, after 15 years are able to still perform together as one

ide love to see em do reunited..thats one of my fav songs of theirs

linx

Staff member
Yeah well.. Wu Tang has seen better days. Trust me when I say that. They (as a group) aren't in the best shape.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
yea true...but look at groups like G-unit. There is only like 4 or 5 members and they are already beefing and taping eachothers phone conversations after only 4 years...the wu has 9 main members (not including the dozens of affiliated MC's) and they arent as bad as dipset, gunit or some of these other groups

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.