Wu Tang launch Chess network

Caesar

Staff member
I suck at Chess. I thought I was good, I mean, I played it as a kid with my parents but now have a sneaking suspicion they let me win. My bubble was burst a couple years ago when I challenged StreetHop.com founder Rukas to a match (it is match and not game right?) and got my ass handed to me in like 6 moves losing my beer money.

Regardless, strangely, this is some of the coolest and yet oddest news I have ever reported.

Wu Tang Clan leader and movie scorer RZA has officially launched WuChess.com, a Hip-Hop Chess social networking site.

For a $48 annual fee, WuChess subscribers can play against hip-hop chess-heads worldwide, form "chess clans" to group their rankings, and even compete against chess-playing rappers like the RZA himself. A "large part" of WuChess' revenue will be donated to the Hip-Hop Chess Federation - whose almost ridiculously cool mission statement is to use "chess, music and martial arts to promote unity, strategy and non-violence".

RZA isn't alone in his chess fixation. The game has been surging in the American hip-hop community, with everyone from Ghostface Killah to the Hieroglyphics taking part. No less than the Dilated Peoples' Rakaa leads WuChess' video tour. Everyone seems to have taken to heart the wisdom sampled at the beginning of the Wu-Tang's Da Mystery of Chessboxin': "The game of chess is like a swordfight. You must think first, before you move ... When it's properly used, it's almost invincible."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.