Wu-tang clan vs. Boot camp clik

Wu Tang Clan vs. Boot Camp Clik, which group is better?

• Wu-tang Clan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BCC

• Both are really equally good

• My knowledge on this subject doesn't allow me to vote

• Total voters

masta247

Staff member
Alright, everybody agrees that Boot camp clik is a seriously underrated crew and Wu-tang clan is legendary but today I want to know your opinions on which one is better overall.
Both crews come from NY (BCC mostly from Brooklyn tho), both have talented members and record from early 90's. We all know that Wu-tang is much more popular but it's not the case here, I want to know which is really better and popularity doesn't count.

To me they are really comparable:
Both crews have great lyricists (Masta killa, GZA / Steele, Tek)
both have guys with dope wordplay (Meth / Buckshot) and both have great beats (the RZA / Duckdown affiliated producers) but somehow I think Steele > Masta killa and GZA, BDI > Meth but just a bit and BCC beats >>>>> wtc beats (RZA had few dope ones tho).
Also BCC goes honestly deeper (tracks like "Casualties of war" or "He gave us life" are good examples). Steele's verse on "Casualties.." where he starts from "Fire in the hole, I can feel a fire in my soul (..)" is deeper than Wu-tang could ever go.
On the other Hand Wu are more like teacher-rappers - take "Better Tomorrow" as example, they have 2 main teachers imo - Masta killa and the RZA.
Also they both have great party rappers (Method man / Sean Price)
Also Wu-tang had better singles - yeah it's their biggest advantage over BCC which in fact released their most shitty tracks as their singles and their biggest gems were slept on.
Also I have a strange feeling that BCC had comparable chillout and party tracks ("Hustle", "Let's go") tho WTC's were more popular and sounded more mainstream (The jump off, Gravel pit) and that's a minus for me for a crew like Wu.

But bcc didn't have as good ear drum crushing track ("Triumph" vs. "Boom bye yeah"), WTC artists solo albums were equally good to BCC's overall. Raekwon's, RZA's, Gza's = Smiff n Wessun's, Black moon's, O.G.C's or Heltah Skeltah's.
While in fact WTC failed few times (Masta killa - no said date fe.) while BCC albums were always a high quality rap.

It's hard to judge which one is better, we're talking about hip-hop on it's highest level, both crews are undoubtly on the highest level in hip-hop hierarchy but IMO BCC is slightly BETTER than Wu-tang clan. They are seriously underrated and it's been a fact since forever. To me they're less popular because of less mainstream sounding singles. Also they have more optimistic vibe to their music while Wu-tang is rather "street". Also BCC doesn't have a dead member, no offense but in fact O.D.B's death was popular tho he was a weak link in WTC anyway IMO.

I'm a fan of both crews for years, I know every song of both crews, I know their histories and I think my opinion is based on my thoughts after I really know both of them.
I know there are many people into Wu-tang here that don't know much about BCC or haven't heard all their albums.
Please don't vote if you feel like you don't know both crews music.

Preach

wu for me too. i like the rhymes and beats more. bcc are cool, but there's only a few handfuls of songs i can really listen to.

now if you count all the wu-tang killa beez, they really get the advantage. so much dope hit to be found if you start downloading albums by wu affiliates, as well a wu mixtapes/bootlegs/singles.

masta247

Staff member
wu for me too. i like the rhymes and beats more. bcc are cool, but there's only a few handfuls of songs i can really listen to.

now if you count all the wu-tang killa beez, they really get the advantage. so much dope hit to be found if you start downloading albums by wu affiliates, as well a wu mixtapes/bootlegs/singles.
Yeah that's true, they are really dope but if you'd count BCC affiliates you also get artists like the Representativz, Illa Noyz, M.S., LS (one of 2pac's favorite artists), Bj Swan, The BTJ's,
Rustee Juxx (now officially in BCC tho), Doc Holiday, Thunderfoot and Lil Hardcore, Jahdan and Twanie Ranks, F.L.O.W, DJ Evil Dee and 5ft so I bet it's draw again.
Also producers like Marco Polo and 9th Wonder were serious BCC affiliates.

Wu tang is really dope, I'm a big fan but I think BCC is so underrated while they are really comparable with Wu-tang that gets much more popularity.
They sound a bit different but imo at least as good.

Preach

Yeah that's true, they are really dope but if you'd count BCC affiliates you also get artists like the Representativz, Illa Noyz, M.S., LS (one of 2pac's favorite artists), Bj Swan, The BTJ's,
Rustee Juxx (now officially in BCC tho), Doc Holiday, Thunderfoot and Lil Hardcore, Jahdan and Twanie Ranks, F.L.O.W, DJ Evil Dee and 5ft so I bet it's draw again.
Also producers like Marco Polo and 9th Wonder were serious BCC affiliates.

Wu tang is really dope, I'm a big fan but I think BCC is so underrated while they are really comparable with Wu-tang that gets much more popularity.
They sound a bit different but imo at least as good.
i have about a hundred wu-affiliated albums at home and i've only seen the tip of the iceberg, so while BCC might boast a lot of affiliated artists, Wu takes the cake I'm almost positive.

Beyond all that though, I don't really enjoy a lot of BCC's songs like I said. There are some very cool ones, but imo there's a lot of boring ones too. Tek's flow isn't my favorite either - or was it Steele's, I'm unsure off the top of my head. Most of the time with BCC songs I am hyped during the intro, but soon as the song kicks in it's not as nice as I hoped for.

Now I may have to eat these next few words because they are more an impression than a fact, but I've always thought the Wu had a great deal of passion in their music. Nobody squeels on the mic like Ghostface :D RZA and GZA are both dope, but my personal favorite has always been Raekwon. It's not that I just think the Wu-Tang make pretty good music, I love their shit. Everything from the general sound to the beats to the rhymes. There's some good times-memories in the picture too. Listening to Wu takes me back to my teen years. I was never a fan back then but I had some friends who were big fans, and I heard their music from time to time.

masta247

Staff member
Quite average cover, but again I didn't expect anything special from that album somehow. Just plain and simple.

Thanks for posting that

masta247

Staff member
I wonder do you guys saying WTC is better by light years even know BCC music deeper than by listening to their singles?
Even if WT are better I'd say their music is really comparable.
I'd understand the "by light years" saying about Gayunit or Dipshit but BCC music is on really high level. They've got some more moody and nice songs than WTC and different style but they represent it on highest level possible.

linx

Staff member
I wonder do you guys saying WTC is better by light years even know BCC music deeper than by listening to their singles?
Even if WT are better I'd say their music is really comparable.
I'd understand the "by light years" saying about Gayunit or Dipshit but BCC music is on really high level. They've got some more moody and nice songs than WTC and different style but they represent it on highest level possible.
BCC has always been dope, don't get me wrong. I've always been a fan of theirs. Them as a group AND the individual groups that make up BCC as a whole. Wu-Tang overall is just a better group with better music. There's better rappers in Wu-Tang. My favorite outta the BCC is Heltah Skeltah though. They got DOPE albums. :thumb:

masta247

Staff member
I understand, I already noticed why people prefer Wu-tang clan. There's "more plain hip-hop" in their styles.
I also came to one conclusion that it's probably just me who loves BCC style and that's why I think they are better.
I love Meth, RZA, Raekwon, Deck, Masta Killa and I love their style but I can only listen to them on certain occasions.
Whenever I don't feel like listening to WTC I bump BCC and the time is always good to listen to their music.

So after this thread with all those answers I know it's just me who prefers BCC over WTC (which is my 2nd favorite group of all time tho) and that Wu-tang sounds are considered better by most people.

But I'm damn sure that BCC is extremely underrated.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.