Wu-tang clan fell off

masta247

Staff member
Seriously, back in the days you could just hear about an album made by a Wu affiliate and you knew that it has to be good. All Wu-tang albums and almost all albums made by Wu members were awesome. Even mixtapes and unreleased tracks were great.
I remember getting impatient about the new Masta Killa/Deck/GZA etc. album. I remember checking the net just to find if there's a new track leaked so I could listen to it online and then check out the whole album when it was released - I was actually thinking with anticipation about upcoming Wu-tang clan albums. Damn, there were mediocre artists that had a single song produced by the RZA and that track had 100% chance of being awesome. Just like it was with Dr.Dre.

Now Inspectah Deck with his new style sounds worse than 50 cent, RZA's latest albums and beats suck balls, GZA's latest album wasn't any great and it's rather quiet about others from the Wu.
Sad times when Wu-tang clan albums are not even worth buying. The best new tracks are actually old remixed ones.

Still there are many great tracks from the past but since new ones suck the old ones get older even faster if you know what I mean.

masta247

Staff member
Well, Bronze Nazareth is my only hope this year because I'm no longer expecting the new GZA album or RZA album to be any good, but I'd be happy if they were.
Timbo King still rips it but he barely records anything. Oh and Killa Sin, stop doing stupid shit and get out of that jail, seriously.

Bronze produced the latest 60 second assassin album which was good, like the last stand of the Wu imo:

Kobe

Can't say I've followed their journey solidly but you've summed it up: they were great back in the day. I really loved the raw sound of their music, its like you were listening to a tape instead of a CD. The last LP I bought was the W and that wasn't great. Iron flag was much better but not great either. I never followed up their LPs as solo artists but, I think I caught most of the singles they released.

Maybe I should start looking for the unreleased material.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.