Wu Affiliate, Shabazz The Disciple, returns with street album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
His father died of AIDS. Fifteen months later his uncle shared the same fate. His little sister Marion was accidentally shot and killed at the young age of 13 and his best friend was also shot and killed in front of him during a robbery on a train. The early years were hard for Shabazz The Disciple.

But things got better and in 1993, Shabazz was discovered by The Rza of the Wu-Tang Clan. He exploded in 1994 with the first verse on the Gravediggaz’s gold debut single and video, “Diary Of A Madman”, earning him the love of hip hop fans worldwide. He began touring the U.S. with the Wu-Tang Clan and eventually landed himself a solo deal in September of 1994 with Penalty/Tommy Boy Recordings. Shabazz then released his solo debut single and video, “Death Be The Penalty”, followed by “Crime Saga”, single and video, both receiving high street critical acclaim.

But just at the peak of his success, he was again confronted with the daily horrors of his neighborhood. Shabazz, who's wife was pregnant with their first child, was arrested by NYPD after they had found 144 crack vials spread over his front door pavement. Shabazz was facing 3 to 9 years in jail.

"I was standing up facing the judge, looking back to my girl who was pregnant at the time with our first child, and praying to God he'd let justice be served. And God saved me again... I was found not guilty, I cried, I thanked God, I hugged my girl, thanked my lawyer and walked away..."

Now, two years after the release of his last LP, The Book Of Shabazz: Hidden Scrollz, he is back with a new street album, entitled The Passion Of The Hood, which includes a music CD and DVD.

The new street album will serve as an appetizer for fans hungry for new music. While guest appearances are kept to a minimum, the production list features Cilvaringz, Carlos Bess, Godzwrath, Get Large, Shabazz himself, Yogi and Sikh Knowledge among others.

A release date has not been confirmed, but the CD/DVD is currently on sale at venues during the Killa Beez European tour, along with T-shirts and previously released albums.

Below are confirmed European tour dates for the Killa Beez tour, according to a spokesperson for the rapper:

01/30 - Geneva (Switzerland) L'Usine
01/31 - Rastatt (Germany) TB Basement
02/01 - Hamburg (Germany) Waagenbau
02/02 - Lund (Sweden) Mejeriet
02/03 - Oslo (Norway) Blå
02/04 - Stockholm (Sweden) Street
02/05 - Jyvaskyla (Finland) Lutakko
02/06 - Tampere (Finland) Klubi
02/07 - Kuopio (Finland) K18
02/08 - Talinn (Estonia) Club Prive
02/09 - Riga (Latvia) Club Essential
02/10 - Sopot (Poland) Sfinks
02/11 - Poznan (Poland) K2
02/12 - Bratislava (Slovakia) Babylon
02/13 - Budapest (Hungary) Petofi Csarnok
02/14 - Sofia (Bulgaria) Hristo Botev
02/15 - Bucharest (Romania) Sala Polivalenta
02/17 - Vienna (Austria) Planet Music
02/18 - Stuttgart (Germany) Altes Zollamt
02/21 - Maputo (Mozambique) Workshops
02/24 - Johannesburg (South Africa) TBA
02/26 - Cape Town (South Africa) TBA
03/05 - Cape Town (South Africa) Capetown Festiva

Bobby Sands

Ill be looking out for this.I love his verse on Diary Of a Madman.

Be a witness, as I excersize my exorcism
The evil that lurks within the sin, the terrorism
Possessed by evil spirits, voices from the dead
I come forth with gravediggaz in a head full of dread
I’ve been examined ever since I was seamen
They took a sonogram and seen the image of a demon
At birth the nurses surrounded my with needles
And drugged me all up with the deseases of evil
Grew up in hell, now I dwell, in an islamic temple
I’m fighting a holy war in the mental
Look deep into my eyes, you’ll see visions of death
Possessed by homicide is what I’m obsessed
Giving niggaz brain dimples
Dragging they asses on my hook by they temples
The cause of death is unknown to the cops
Cause when I kill them, I’m not leavin one element to autopse
First I’ll assasinate em
And them I’ll cremate them
And take all of his fucking ashes and evaporate em
Or creep through the graveyard and hunt down your tombstone
Dig up your skeleton and stomp all your fucking bones
You try to haunt me nigga, I ain’t trying to hear it
Buck buck buck, I’ll give your ass a holy spririt.

Classic.^^

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.