Wow - 50 Cent the method actor.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member

For his movie, 'Things Fall Apart' .

"50 plays a football player that is stricken with cancer, and is forced to undergo chemotherapy before losing a dramatic amount of weight. 50 was responsible for writing the film, and also is set to star in the film. Mario Van Peebles is currently slated to direct the film"

He went from 214 to 160.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Wow...damn, I heard he was losing weight, but didn't think it was that big of a difference.

He's got all that money and he can't fix is slur and his speech problems.
Maybe losing all that weight will make him a better actor, cuz he sucks.
But then again, all he does is play the same roles over and over again. A thug.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Christian Bale wannabe mothafucka hahah but naw. Props to him for the sacrifice but his acting could use work.

Shadows

^lmfao. he does look like DMX!

I wonder what that means for his videos and stuff. I guess that's why he pushed his stuff back?

That sounds like a lot of work, he should have just used sweet sweat. hahaha

Duke

Staff member
I thought he looked like Dave Chapelle. :D But yeah, DMX too.

Props to 50 for taking it seriously, though. I never saw GRODT (cos..well, fuck it!) but I'm curious about this one, though.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member

Props to 50 for taking it seriously, though. I never saw GRODT (cos..well, fuck it!) but I'm curious about this one, though.
I actually saw it 6 months ago or so, if you watch it with an open mind, it's not bad at all. I liked the feel of the movie though, very dark and grimy. Jim Sheridan is a good director, my fave movie of his is, In The Name Of The Father.

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
Get Rich Or Die Trying is a great movie!

That's a massive change, I wonder how he will go putting the weight back on..

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I actually saw it 6 months ago or so, if you watch it with an open mind, it's not bad at all. I liked the feel of the movie though, very dark and grimy. Jim Sheridan is a good director, my fave movie of his is, In The Name Of The Father.

The film itself is okay. But not good. The soundtrack is fucking awful. If he'd have used the tracks like Ghetto Qu'ran and the like in the film, it'd have been far better.

and he did remove his tattoos

thats some crazy shit
just for the actor career

Gotta respect the effort he is putting in, and the lengths he has gone to for the acting. I am impressed, and hope he succeeds.

Anyone seen Dead Man Running? Absolutely Awful. Like 99% of Danny Dyer films.

LOL 50 is SO hollywood these days. Great job on loosing the weight to be able to fit a certian character, but to get rid of the tattoos? Selling out or going pop is a respectful thing now? Imagine 2pac was like ok I'm going to get all these removed so I could make a few more movies. LOL. Forget what they mean to me or the art I just wanna cash in!

THEV1LL4N

its his decision, right? and he hasn't publicly voiced his opinion on why he removed them although we all know its due to a move in the film industry. he has proven himself (in terms of success) in the music industry and now wants to venture out into different areas, similar to ice cube who has conquered the hip hop industry and ventured out into movies and the small screen.

i don't care what people say about ice cube saying that he's "gone Hollywood", in fact i enjoy his films as well as his music, so long as he keeps bringing that heat with a classic west coast sound. now on an independent label, it should give him even more freedom to make the music he wants, its just a whole lot better, potentially. and im looking forward to hearing Young Maylay on his new album "I Am The West". I just hope he really makes the final cut, would like to hear more WC too - its been a while...

Anyway, Cube is committed to doing entertainment whether that's in music or film, book or whatever... this guy is a legend and i will always want to hear or see what he has come up with; the same for 50 cent who has brought a lot of controversy just like Ice Cube has repeatedly done since his N.W.A. days.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.