Would DJ Quik and Warren G been bigger had they hailed from N.Y.?

7 Syns

I sometimes wonder, had DJ Quik and Warren G hailed from New York, New Jersey, Philidelphia or practically any major eastcoast city. Would they have been bigger now-a-days? Quik, to those whove heard him is a tremedously talented producer. His rhymes aren't all that bad either. Warren G is about the same, maybe lesser a producer then Quik but an overall better emcee.

Regulate and Safe&Sound are classics in my opinion, I believe they couldve made themselves a legacy and to this day be huge still had they hailed from NYC..

peace.

i dunno, hey, arnt you from australia

, i heard some rapper talking about how its harder to come up being from a major East coast city cause its more competitvie, well not competitive but more competition, like theres more chances of them being overlooked by others

Hard to say, if they had to of hailed from N.Y. then they would probably not have developed their distinctive West Coast sound negating their notority in any case.

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
warren g is still known vecuz of his singles dat were back in tha days on mtv.
i dunno bout quik..
they both tyte.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I don't understand why they're not bigger anyway. Why aren't they producing hit albums regularily?

DJ Quik is heevy underated, he is a gr8 producer and is currently the DJ on Snoops European tour. The DJ quik DVD Visualism is also class.

I think it's fair to say that Warren G. is the MOST UNDERRATED producer in rap in the past 12 years. I also don't think it's stretching it to say he COULD BE the most underrated producer in rap history. It really doesn't make any sense either, because everyone knows Dre is his brother. I've seen Warren listed as a producer for Aftermath, but I've never seen his name attached to anything, so I don't know what's up with that.

What I do know is that it's seriously a crime that Warren isn't hailed as one of the most legendary rap producers to live, because he is.

But, if you ask me, if dude can't even blow up relatively decent when it's no secret he is the brother of rap's most legendary producer, I don't think any different situation would help.

Also, keep in mind that Warren became a producer INITIALLY to have a reason to hang out with Dre. Apparently Warren like idolized Dre since they were kids. When he found out Dre was making music, he started doing it because he wanted to hang with Dre. THEN, he got pissed off when he'd take beats to Dre and Dre would just pretty much ignore him, so then it became about competing with Dre.

So...if Warren had been born into a different family, was on the East Coast, he may have never even got into music.

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
warren g is still known vecuz of his singles dat were back in tha days on mtv.
i dunno bout quik..
they both tyte.
This is true. Matter of fact, in the past week I've heard "Regulate" on the radio, "I Shot The Sherrif" and "I Want It All" on the radio.

xxx

Maybe they would be bigger, but hey I WOULDNT CHANGE A THING ABOUT EITHER ONE. So yea maybe they arent huge, do we really care? Warren G is the most underrated producer/rapper ever. I love that dude to death, and im from Ohio! So imagine what Cali dudes would/should feel about him. I feel the same for Quik to a lessor extent.

One thing I DO dream of.... next Tupac Album
6 tracks Warren G
6 tracks DJ Quik

A hip-hop classic without even listening to it.

7 Syns said:
I sometimes wonder, had DJ Quik and Warren G hailed from New York, New Jersey, Philidelphia or practically any major eastcoast city. Would they have been bigger now-a-days? Quik, to those whove heard him is a tremedously talented producer. His rhymes aren't all that bad either. Warren G is about the same, maybe lesser a producer then Quik but an overall better emcee.

Regulate and Safe&Sound are classics in my opinion, I believe they couldve made themselves a legacy and to this day be huge still had they hailed from NYC..

peace.
Um. You didn't actually say why.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.