Wiz Khalifa

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
Anyone rate him?

Rolling Stone magazine just announced him as Hip Hop's Rookie of the year

After trolling youtube for half an hour I am not a fan lol
That Yellow and Black song is the only one I like. He is ok.. feature artist at best though imo

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I like Black and Yellow, as I said before. Even though most heads refuse to acknowledge it's appeal. I like the remixes too. Good tracks.

But... Who else was a contender?

Has his album leaked yet?

Preach

I love Black & Yellow too. The dudes that produced it are Norwegian so that's probably how I stumbled over it. It's catchy as hell to me.

Haven't heard too much other stuff.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Those dudes are big. They produced a bunch of tracks for R&B/Pop artists in the States yet I had no idea until I read an interview with them about the Black & Yellow track. It's kinda cool.

Preach

Idd all those hits. They have some formula or recipe that works. For people who don't know them they're called Stargate.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
How can you not like "The Statement"? That song is dope. Another great track is "Ink My Whole Body". As a tattoo fan, I love that song.

ARon

I love how they call him a rookie when I went to his show like 2 years ago lol.

Where to start with Wiz. Well, he changes his style up more than any artists I've seen. He just does what is appealing to his fans of the moment it seems. He's lucky he fell in with Spitta and them or his whole high guy style would have been ignored. I've said it and I'm going to keep saying it, his new music sucks, black and yellow included. He's going to get bigger, he's making catchy two word hook music, he has to get big

Preach

Yeah, Black & Yellow is a track I'd play while faded so I'll be more precise, I love it in that setting. It's not dope or ill, but I do find it catchy. Plus call me biased but norwegian dudes produced it and I'm norwegian. It's a small country. I think it's cool what they've done so that probably moves this track up a rank for me aswell.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
As the Stargate guys noted in the Complex interview I read, what really makes Wiz appealing is the melodic sound of his voice. It's kinda like half-rap/half-singing. It's easy listening for the ear and especially when you're high. I question his ability for longevity in the game, though.

masta247

Staff member
^I second that. I'm not really a fan of his songs but indeed his voice sounds melodic in a way. Not that it's particularly great but it sounds nice. It doesn't bother at all and goes fine with the beat.

just started listening to some of his stuff recently...found some tracks i really like off burn after rolling mixtape (better than black n yellow imo):

01 B.A.R.

02 Getting’ Up

04 The Thrill - > uses sample from Walking on a Dream by Empire of the Sun

14 Mafia Music (rmx)

15 Say U Will

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Was never really into him, but when his album dropped I thought I might check it out, solely based on his own fans calling the album trash and soft.

I agree, apart from 2-3 songs the rest of the album is garbage.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online