Will Smith Apology Accepted By Anti-Defamation League

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
After making a questionable comment on Adolph Hitler in The Daily Record, a Scottish newspaper and later apologizing for it, actor Will Smith and his apology have been accepted by the Anti-Defamation League.

"He took immediate steps to clarify his words and unequivocally condemn Hitler as an evil person," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director in a statement.

This fiasco all began when Smith was quoted as saying that Hitler, "didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"

Once the quotes were published it soon made headlines on several celebrity gossip Web sites, infuriating many in the Jewish community.

According to Smith, his words were taken out of context and a representative for actor/rapper was quick to issue an apology stating: "It is an awful and disgusting lie. It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous misinterpretation. Adolph Hitler was a vile, heinous, vicious killer responsible for one of the greatest acts of evil committed on this planet."

The incident follows the release of Will Smith's latest movie I Am Legend, which made $76.5 million in its opening weekend, making it the highest grossing December movie ever.

Source: AllHipHop.com

i know, i don't get it either. but i guess any attempt to make Hitler appear human as opposed to the monster people see him as is a no-no. but what Will said, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. it's probably the truth.

hizzle?

Staff member
This fiasco all began when Smith was quoted as saying that Hitler, "didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today.' I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good.'"
This apparently... that made perfect sense...

This is racist : Fucking Jews.

This not : This Jewish person is not good.

Both will be understood as racist though.

but he's not saying anything against jews, all he said was that Hitler was probably doing what he felt was the right thing. that obviously doesn't mean it was the right thing, but that he (Hitler) felt it was. the 9/11 hijackers and Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda probably feel the same way.

but of course that kind of statement shatters the notion we all have of Hitler as a crazy, psychotic, homicidal monster, and we can't have that can we? God forbid we try to understand where people like Hitler were coming from, it's not like we want to stop it from happening again :rolleyes:

Exactly, making it appear as if it's the act of a monster makes it seem as if it was something that could never happen again..

I saw The Untergang a couple of months ago, and they portrayed him as a very human character, and it was a German movie.. A very good one too

I do feel as tho' Jewish institutes are very sensitive about the subject, a bit oversensitive even..

masta247

Staff member
I also don't get what's wrong there. He was right, Hitler tried to be as good as possible for his cause which in his mind was good - perfect. He was wrong but he didn't know that. If he knew that he's doing bad thing he wouldn't do that.

And I'm Polish.

hizzle?

Staff member
Yeah same thing here, two of my grand-uncles were in Fascist concentration camps and I feel like that...

Stupid Jews...just kidding...

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
I hate it when the Jewish call people racist. They are one of the most racist races of people there is. Board member Bubble grew up in Israel, they hate everyone who is not Jewish.

And they killed Jesus (j/p)

Co-sign to the Polish guy. As a Dutch person I feels as though my opinion counts as well. It's not like the jews have the only right to be sensitive about it.

A lot of European's (including jews and non-jewish people) suffered during both WW's.

YES Hitler was an asshole
YES Will Smith was right

Jokerman

Bush is only trying to do what he thinks is the most good.

Ahh, now you see what's wrong with Will Smith's statement. When it's used for a fascist monster like Bush, it's clear how it wrong it is.

I know, it's not fair to compare the much-admired Hitler to monster Bush, but i just wanted to make a point.

off topic abit but if jews really learnt from the past would they be doing all those murders of innocent ppl in palestine?

i think their paranoid and don't want to be victims again themselves doesnt matter if non jews are

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.