Will.I.Am is ready to go solo

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Will.I.Am of Black Eyed Peas is readying for release his as yet untitled solo album.

For those who don't know, Will is a veteran of the rap game and was signed back in 1991 by Eazy E. He has also released 2 solo albums in the last 4 years on London's BBE Records. However he maintains that this album will be completely different to anything he's released before as a solo artist or as a member of Black Eyed Peas.

Will is the primary producer for Black Eyed Peas and has contributed beats to other acts such as Justin Timberlake to Macy Gray to Sergio Mendes. He plans to produce his album himself.

But don't confuse him for a pop act, he is far more than that.
"I'm a battle MC, don't forget it. Yeah, we on the radio, but I eat a lot of niggas up," Will said. "My roots are as a backpack parking-lot rapper. ... I got signed by Eazy-E in 1991 just by freestyling, so it's gonna have a lot of that, but at the same time, I love the art form of writing songs. A lot of MCs don't practice that art form of songwriting structure, cadences, melody and whatnot, so I honor that art form and it's gonna be on my solo project as well."

With the Black Eyed Peas' busy schedule, the group is about to release another single, "Pump It", Will has had little time to work on his own music, but he's clearing his calendar in early 2006. Along with his solo album, Will also plans to oversee individual efforts from the rest of the Peas: Fergie, Taboo and Apl.De.Ap. "We all help each other," Will said. "Black Eyed Peas is the franchise and at the same time we all launch off and do other things and always come back to Black Eyed Peas."

2005 was a big year for members of Black Eyed Peas, 2006 looks to be even bigger.

BEP would fall apart without him

he'll make it. you can tell he has hiphop in him. just after listening to that tarck "Like That" off Monkey Buisness

a

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
He's already rich, he doesnt need to "make it", I think he's going to drop this for the love. He's always the first to point out BEP are hip-hop whenever they win rnb or pop awards.

Maybe he's just fed up with their bullshit music, and rightfully so, the current single is trash. I dont give a fuck what Fergie has in her trunk, its not talent.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
'Pump It' is another single that's gonna blow up on the radio stations. It has that beat from 'Pulp Fiction' I think...

I'm sorry but I have to disagree totally. From what I've heard, which in all fairness is little more than released tracks, he is dire. Lyrical content in lets get retarded is terrible. If I said any of the Black Eyed Peas were talentless it would be a compliment. I do hope he will prove me wrong but BEP sell cheese, not music.

ArtsyGirl

Cool I'm looking forward to this, out of all the BEP members he is the most likely to make it solo. Fergie (although MY HUMPS sucked..) can actually sing live..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.