Will.i.am forms music label

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The Black Eyed Peas' frontman known as will.i.am has formed his own will.i.am music group label with A&M/Interscope, it was announced Friday.

The label's first album will be Sergio Mendes' Timeless, which comes out Feb. 14 in conjunction with Concord and Starbucks Hear Music.

Black Eyed Peas' singer Fergie and Macy Gray will be releasing albums on the label as well.

"My ultimate goal is bigger than me putting (a record) out on my label, I want to make sure the product is marketed correctly. For records to succeed and impact lifestyle it takes more than just a producer's mind, it takes a person who understands the marketplace and the consumer and a person who is participating in the lifestyle."

The label will be housed along with will.i.am's clothing line under his Los Angeles-based company, will.i.am global.

He said Fergie's solo album is nearly finished, then he will get to work on his own solo debut, which he hopes to have out in June 2007.

The entire group is getting ready to headline its first North American swing as part of the Honda Civic Tour.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.