will.i.am dedicates his 2007 to Michael Jackson's album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas says his 2007 will focus largely on production of the anticipated comeback album from Michael Jackson, which is tentatively due later this year on the Bahrain-based Two Seas Records.

The artist finished up a successful 2006 behind the boards producing hits for Justin Timberlake, Fergie, Snoop Dogg and The Game, among others. Jackson’s project will be his most ambitious undertaking to date.

will.i.am says he has been doing "a lot of talking on the phone, a lot of brainstorming" with Jackson so far, including advice on how the superstar can take advantage of new technology, particularly social networking sites and download Web sites.

As far as the musical direction for the album, will.i.am says of Jackson: "Man, he still sings like a bird. He could go anywhere. I think we have a real opportunity to do something here. It's either gonna be really big or nobody's gonna care. Ain't no middle ground on this one.”

Other artists rumored to be contributing to the Jackson project are Akon, who said last month that he was not at liberty to disclose details, and R&B teen Chris Brown.

"We got a chance to meet at the World Music Awards and we're talking to his management about when we can set up a date to begin working on his album," Brown said. "It would be an honor and a blessing for me to work with my idol. He's one of the reasons I do my music."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.