Why Was Snoop Dogg At The CMT Awards?

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Photos of Snoop Dogg walking around backstage at the Country Music Television Awards in a black cowboy hat and duster jacket flooded the Internet yesterday, leaving fans wondering what exactly was he doing there.

"I actually did a country song on my new album called 'My Medicine' that was inspired by Johnny Cash," Snoop told People magazine at the event Monday night. "[Country music] inspires me and it makes me feel so good hearing it, so I really wanted to come and be a part of this heritage."

Snoop was reportedly in high demand backstage. The night's big winner, Taylor Swift, grabbed him for photos, saying "I'm a huge fan!" reports People. Another Snoop admirer, country star Jason Aldean, got into a conversation with the MC about cowboy boots.

"Snoop said he liked my boots with the square toe and then he said I was a pimp," boasted Aldean. "That's got to be the ultimate compliment, when Snoop calls you a pimp."

It also appears that Snoop was hoping to have a "Sensual Seduction" with country star LeAnn Rimes, who was posing for pictures backstage when the rapper happened to spot her.

"Wow – damn! Who is that?" he asked a reporter, according to People. Upon learning her identity, Snoop gushed, "She is beautiful! Wow, wow, wow." He then turned to the 25-year-old singer and asked, "Can I meet you?" (She responded, "Nice to meet you, sir.") Before leaving her presence, he said: "You look like Marilyn Monroe!"

LeAnn's reaction: "Snoop is really a gentleman and I loved meeting him. He made me feel like the most beautiful woman there with all of his flattering comments. You never know, there could be a Snoop and LeAnn duet sometime soon! I never rule anything out!"

Source: EURweb.com

Maybe Snoop got in touch with his roots, found the redneck in his blood
and said, "Heck, country western rap records are good!!"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.