Why was Proof shot? 2 theories. And a statement from Royce

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Theory 1.

[Bender] started an argument with Proof, knowing who he was. Proof told him he didn't want to hear any bullshit and that he was 'King of Detroit' and stuck his hands in [Bender's] face.

"The guy then pulled out his gun and then Proof pulled his out and shot -- hitting the guy," the source added. "The guy's cousin who is a bouncer at the club then shot Proof. They grabbed up the gun from the guy Proof shot and fled."

Theory 2.

That the fight was sparked by a pool game.

Royce Da 5'9 said:
"I am deeply saddened by the murder of someone I called a good friend. I've known Proof for over nine years and will always remember him for the joy and life that he brought into every room he entered. We first met at Detroit's Hip Hop Shop where Proof was hosting open mics and was considered by most to be Detroit's freestyle king. Even then you could tell there was something special about him."

"Some people might be familiar with a well-publicized beef that Proof and I had a couple of years ago," Royce added via the statement. "Thankfully though, we had not only resolved our conflict, but we also restored our friendship. Back in December, we went overseas together for a few spot dates in Europe where we had a chance to catch up on 'the good ole days.' We both laughed at how we sometimes forget how far we've come, until you look out of your hotel window and see London's Big Ben or Paris's EiffelTower. On that tour we had a chance to visit cities we never even knew existed. Not bad for two kids from Detroit, huh."

"His death is such a loss for the hip hop community, and especially for the city of Detroit. I hope that he will be remembered for the talented artist and great person that he was, and not the tragedy that he fell victim to. My thoughts and prayers go out to his entire family, friends, and anyone that was ever touched by him."

Theory 1 is pretty interesting don't you think?

Well I am definetly leaning more over to the idea that Proof was pushed over the edge and wasn't responsible for starting the fight... However anything is possible but in the end... We lost another great rapper to this bull shit.. I think for now, there's going to be alot of theories blaming Proof because well... that's what they want people to think... rappers are a bunch of smoked out killers but the truth is... unless I get inrefutable evidence that shows Proof started the fight, I'm not gonna believe it.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
theory one is what ive been hearing all thru out the jersey/ny/connecticut/massachusetts radio. (i drove up today, so i heard all 4 states random radios bout that shit)

They been saying Proof was yelling "Im the King of Detroit!" over n over again, and ALOT of beef sparked that night bcuz of that, but the one that ended his life, was obviously the biggest.

I still cant believe Proof pulled the trigger first. Did any of the reports say how drunk he was or nething?

ANd I heard today that, Eminem has been labeled suicidal by his family n close friends. Saying that he's totally gone overboard and has lost it, bcuz of the death of Proof and his fail marriage n etc.

listen:

if you're having an argument with some other guy and it becomes violent and both of you pull the guns out, tell me sincerely: are you going to expect who shoots firtst?? "if he shoots i'll shoot next" aaawww come on man!!

i believe eminem has turned suicidal ...

_carmi

me, myself & us
SiGh said:
ANd I heard today that, Eminem has been labeled suicidal by his family n close friends. Saying that he's totally gone overboard and has lost it, bcuz of the death of Proof and his fail marriage n etc.
that was totally expected.

i like what royce said. deep.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
What Royce said is really media-friendly, I have to say. I don't see it as deep or sincere. What I mean is, I know he didn't say the same stuff to a close friend about Proof's death.

this reminds me of when my good friend died from a drug overdose

before they even said how he died...this other dude i know went on the local news and said it's possible that our friend died from homicide....when ppl do this, it's not only dangerous but it could cost somebody their life just cuz a rumor was started...for a few days a few of the homies was rolling the streets looking for somebody....but it the end it was my friends own mistake that took his life.....i'm not saying proof could've died like this, but i'm saying lets get all the facts, it's only been a few days and hundreds of rumors n' theories are floating about...as this is just my opinion, i'm a sign out n' say peace to all involved in another senseless tragedy.

So many theories, so many different views, so many possibilities.. and since their was no camera, we'll probaly never know the real deal what went down...

Nick

I don't understand why people keep saying that Proof was wrong for shooting first blah blah blah, cos so far it's still unclear what really happend. He could have been in a life or death situation - shoot or get shot. Anyone that values their life would obviously shoot first, so why would someone be in the wrong for fighting for their life?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.