Why presentation is important:

roaches

I'm glad Common's taking the mixtape route. It's a good way of getting your name out on the streets, let the block feel you. But for real, if you were at the barbershop and Ray From Around the Way Who's Got The Next Shit and If He Don't Hell Get it In Less Than a Day offered you 3 mixtapes for $10 and one of them was this:

Would you buy it?

Lok

I refuse buying mixtapes. What kinda of mixtape is this? jacking for beats or an original production? If it's original I can see my self copping it, especially with the dope cover lol.

Yeah I would...Cuz it definitely catches my attention and uhh with common's album comping up and all the props it has gotten I would check this mixtape out...

Bigg Limn

Staff member
You guys aren't looking at it from the right perspective. I think what he's saying is [if you didn't know who Common was] from the look of the cover (not the professionalism in it, just the artwork and whatnot) would you buy the mixtape?

Man I figured it had to do with kanye cuz he is all representin god and jesus and shit...

So i didn't even think it look gay actually I still don't think it's gay..

Probably, based on the fact Kanye's involved (even if I didn't know who Common is). Coverart doesn't matter to me much, it's always a plus if it has good coverart presentation, but even if it doesn't, doesn't really matter that much to me.

if i didn't know who common was.. i wouldn't buy that shit, lol, no way in hell. but knowin who common is and what he's about, you're damn right i'll buy it.

ARon

Who actually looks at the front of the cover for over a second, not sure if it is only me but usually i turn right to the tracklisting.

Aristotle said:
Who actually looks at the front of the cover for over a second, not sure if it is only me but usually i turn right to the tracklisting.
That's usually what I do too. But, like I said, I guess it's a plus if it has neat coverart? *shrug*

roaches said:
I'm glad Common's taking the mixtape route. It's a good way of getting your name out on the streets, let the block feel you. But for real, if you were at the barbershop and Ray From Around the Way Who's Got The Next Shit and If He Don't Hell Get it In Less Than a Day offered you 3 mixtapes for $10 and one of them was this:

Would you buy it?
naw

Shit I love Common got all his joints every Cd, And im having second thoughts about getting this now lol

But I would definitly look at the tracks too and who knows.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.