Why Is Swizz Beatz.......?

Bobby Sands

Why is this guy considered a top producer.?I cant understand it.Ive heard alot of his production over the years in albums by artists such as Jay-Z(remember Money,Cash Hoes?Perhaps the worst beat of all time),D.M.X,Styles P,Jadakiss and Busta Rhymes.Every beat he has made is rubbish.I cant listen to them.Why is he being placed up there with the top producers.?

C.R.Y.

because different people got different taste. whats shit to you can be great to others. to some his beats are good for hyping people up. to others, all his beats sound the same. imo, his beats are classic. we in here, ruff ryders anthem, MCH, whats my name, etc. those are some of my favorite songs.

C.R.Y. said:
to others, all his beats sound the same. imo, his beats are classic. we in here, ruff ryders anthem, MCH, whats my name, etc. those are some of my favorite songs.
"What's My Name" is a dope track, but wasn't produced by Swizz... it was a beat by P.K.

Swizz has definitely come up with a few decent beats over the years, but the majority of them are very cluttered... however, while cluttered, a lot of those beats have been common club songs, probably because everybody is drunk off their ass, and the high energy just gets people moving.

I loved his Ruff Ryder shit, but like most producers they perform well within their element. I.E. DJ KLC w/ No Limit. He just can't cut it with rappers that have differents styles.

Eric

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
"What's My Name" is a dope track, but wasn't produced by Swizz... it was a beat by P.K.
Actually, Irv Gotti produced 'What's My Name'.

Swizz has fallen off over the years. At one point, his beats were top notch and versatile. Now they're repetitive, mostly the same instruments composed in a different arrangement. Every once in awhile, however, he'll drop heat. He's just hit or miss and it's unfortunate.

To the thread starter--you're from Ireland and that might explain why you don't comprehend why people like Swizzy. That's no diss, you guys have an entirely different sound preference over there.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Swizz has done some ill beats over the years. I personally cant wait for the Bone album he is doing with em.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I like Swizz with NY rappers like DMX, Busta and Co. But he doesn't make the sound that I like.

Personally if he didn't have a drug dealing family I think he'd still be shopping his Demo. But maybe I'm a little harsh.

And I haven't checked the Pac track yet, so this isn't a rant.

I've always enjoyed his beats especially G.H.E.T.T.O. Stories album he droppped in 2002. As always it is a matter of opinion and taste, just like some people don't like Kanye West beats some won't like Swizz as well.

Melted One said:
I loved his Ruff Ryder shit, but like most producers they perform well within their element. I.E. DJ KLC w/ No Limit. He just can't cut it with rappers that have differents styles.
exactly. the beats he did for pac an biggie are trash.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.