Why is Dante's breaking of the guidelines being tolerated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ill-matic

The rules clearly state:

Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully.

No posting of another member’s personal information without their consent. This includes, but is not limited to; real names, email addresses, telephone numbers, PMs, private IM conversations, IM screen names and home addresses. It does not matter if the member has posted this information themselves in the past. Member’s personal unseen photos are also not allowed to be posted without permission.

If your posts lower the average IQ level of the board, you will be banned. Example: Free posting, lame repetitive jokes, bickering, constant obscenity, immature vendettas, general annoying immaturity, failure to contribute to a community feel, private Messenger like conversations etc.

Why doesn't this apply to Dante? The general consensus on the board is that Dante's antagonistic and derogatory attitude toward Mark Deez was unarguably hilarious - which I'll happily concur with. However, humour aside, this was an ample example of internet bullying. He went out of his way to copy and paste personal IM conversations without his permission (which is clearly against the rules), acquire Deez's personal photos, photoshop them as a means to humiliate him..and because of the manipulated photos he was thus subjected to copious insults. I definitely won't deny that it was funny, but the thread made specifically to bully Deez was left open, and absolutely no warning, caution, or even a "please, stop" was administered to Dante..?

Where is the fairness here? Do the rules not apply to him? I don't understand the inconsistent degree of tolerance the admins/mods accept on this forum. For instance, I post up a harmless gag "i witnessed a murder today", and although some found it funny and some didn't (which is perfectly acceptable..), I was threatened with a ban by Pittsey? For what, making a joke? Yet when one member repeatedly bullies another fellow member for shits and giggles no one throws him any caution? That's fucking bullshit. I'd like to also point out Diaz exposing that dude who apparantely had an internet relationship with a fellow board member as a perfect example of the strange inconsistencies in tolerance this board accepts. Because that thread was perceived as unfunny, and apparently in "bad taste", it is closed. However, Dante's relentless humiliation of Deez persists. How the fuck can bullying like this happen and no punishment is given? When the fuck did the board become so damned elitist that one member isn't subject to the same forms of punishment and is granted some form of fucking amnesty?

This is supposed to be a "community" for fucks sake, and the poor dude was subject to such a barrage of insults that he left the forum. Who the fuck is Dante to manipulate someone's photos, post conversations just for shits and giggles?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Looking back on it this is probably true, I do however think that he bought a lot on himself though, and with the presidents set by the C-Dub era most of us old schoolers and thus those with power just shrugged it off as harmless fun. You yourself just admited that you thought it was hilarious.

I dont think we can judge or punish Dante based on hindsight, instead we should stand up for the victim of such acts as they happen instead of sitting back thinking it is hilarious.

Jokes like these do not however warrent further breaks in guidelines. If Deez wanted to retaliate back then we would have all laughed along and let him, but people attacking Dante now and using what he did to Deez as an excuse are not justified as Dante's actions then did no harm to them.

Lets all follow the guidelines NOW, the past is the past.

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Wow..Dante did this when? Like 2 months ago...ya nice try Ill..better luck next time u wan't someone punished, try bringing a thread up like this right when the offense occurs. But since u called me an elitist jerk i'll probably just ignore it. Although elitist has a nice ring to it...

pz

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
ill-matic said:
Where is the fairness here? Do the rules not apply to him? I don't understand the inconsistent degree of tolerance the admins/mods accept on this forum. For instance, I post up a harmless gag "i witnessed a murder today", and although some found it funny and some didn't (which is perfectly acceptable..), I was threatened with a ban by Pittsey? For what, making a joke? Yet when one member repeatedly bullies another fellow member for shits and giggles no one throws him any caution? That's fucking bullshit. I'd like to also point out Diaz exposing that dude who apparantely had an internet relationship with a fellow board member as a perfect example of the strange inconsistencies in tolerance this board accepts. Because that thread was perceived as unfunny, and apparently in "bad taste", it is closed. However, Dante's relentless humiliation of Deez persists. How the fuck can bullying like this happen and no punishment is given? When the fuck did the board become so damned elitist that one member isn't subject to the same forms of punishment and is granted some form of fucking amnesty?
It was a joke.

If I wanted to ban you I wouldn't need a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.