Why does Royce 5'9''.....

how come all the beats he use are slightly different versions of real songs??? there's so many beats he has taken from freeway, shine, em, and others....why does he do this??? while he's a geat rapper, i can never seem to get past the fact that his beats are really other rappers' songs with a slight twist...

Trouble- Mary J. Blige "No More Drama"

Regardless- I wouldnt call it ripping off, but there's a reference to Em..that ones ok, actually..

T.O.D.A.Y uses Cormega's "Beautiful Mind"

Some song off of Independents DAy sounds like Freeway's "full Effect" off of philadelphia freeway

another one off of ID, i think is called lookin at my dogs, is like Shyne's "The Life"......

yeah...samples my ass...there's so many other songs, i just dont have the time to go through my library to find them....he may be doing this intentionally, but any real rap fan would be able to notice these "samples" of other songs when they heard them....

is that called sampling??? taking the entire beat of the song and using it as your own??? i thought sampling was just using a 30 second clip, at the most, in your songs, and then using a beat of your own....

S. Fourteen

tennis_dog said:
is that called sampling??? taking the entire beat of the song and using it as your own??? i thought sampling was just using a 30 second clip, at the most, in your songs, and then using a beat of your own....
I just checked Shyne's The Life and Royce's Looking At My Dog.. They use the same sample. A flute for The Life and female vocals for Looking At My Dog.. other than that, the beats are different.

PS. It's Carlos Broady that produced those tracks for Royce.

whatever,.....who ever does whatever, royce needs to have more beats that are his own, and arent spoofs off of other songs...other artists do similar things, but not as often as royce...

how do you feel about troublesome 96 and if i ruled the world???

did i not say that many artists do what royce does??? royce has atleast 3 or 4 songs per album that he does this on...

PuffnScruff

its not always up to royce whats the person who made the beat decided to sample. he probably just picks which beats he wants to flow over.

Yea ive noticed that. But he problably doesnt do it on purpose, the producer gives him the beat and he uses it. Royce said in an interview that he doesnt listen to that much new rap.

yeah, i got no probs with it.....i just wanted to know why he does this??? sometimes, if they're songs i've allready heard, its kinda interesting to hear them remixed.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.