Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foxy Brown

• Nature

• Cormega

• Total voters
who u think is the dopest emcee on the firm... Im Undecided between AZ, and 'Mega.

~peace

edit: Love AZs flow... but ima go with Mega, since i feel he's a more well rounded emcee.

ARon

Mega didnt really outweigh Nas or AZ for me until after that whole firm fiasco. He got hungrier, thats when he made me say damn a lot. So yeah I chose Nas.

tru, but i was thinking, overall, not just during the firm period... Like overall career. If we're talking during the Firms existence i'd say Az

And I didnt think Mega, was on AZ or Nas' level before, but after listening to more of Mega's shit, i definitely feel em more than nas. Cormega, has just a dope way of spittin, He doesnt have that AZ flow, but he's got mad range. And I think that takes alot of talent, Nas has range too, but damn i dont know, just something about Cormega, gets me feelin his lyrics more.

ARon

I can see where you are comin from if you want like feeling in delivery I guess you could say. But if we are talkin whole catalogue it aint even close for me, Nas is ahead of em.

Casey

Staff member
Nas has his props. I'm going to vote for 'Mega, simply because I feel he is very under-rated. The Testament and The Realness are classics.

On "The Firm" album? AZ. He gets the title for his verse on "Firm Biz" alone. (Realize the realism of life in actuality/Fuck the baddest, a person's status depends on salary)

Career-wise? Nas. His albums are more listenable. Everyone else from that group has good CDs, but none that are completely listenable.

1.mega
2.AZ
3. Nas

Megas albums are all really well rounded albums. And i am really waiting on the new one to drop.

AZ, i love his flow and what he raps about most of the time. But on his solo albums he has some really weak songs imo.

Nas, All around really good but i just enjoy megas fury and AZs laid back flow much better.

I voted Nas. I still cant listen to a whole album by Cormega str8 thru.. His voice gives me a headache for some reason. AZ is good but not better then Nas imo.

Nas hands down i don't even see a debate over it. Mega's got some talent he spits fire and his 2 albums have been phenomenol so he comes in a strong 2nd but he cant really match the dimensions and knowledge that Nas spits on every track. Nas has a wider variety of better material.

linx

Staff member
I never thought Mega could fuck with Nas really. And if he cannot fuck with Nas, he definitely cannot see AZ either. Nas and AZ have always been pretty much equally as good to me. I am a big fan of them both. They both have good/great albums.

Man people are really sleeping on mega....mega's voice gives you a headache too????

Ive personally never had this problem. Mega puts a lot of emotion into his rhymes. That is why i put him over Nas and AZ. Nas and AZ both have a kind of monotone style of just straight flowing. Dont get me wrong i enjoy both of the artists, but when it comes to everyday listening i would choose mega any time.

peep this newer mega track. released last year. he is featured with an artist called exquiste. if anyone has any info on what album this is on and who the hell exquiste is please fill me in.
http://download.yousendit.com/32020F9726B1C1AC

Mega puts a lot of emotion into his rhymes. That is why i put him over Nas and AZ.
word... The thing with Nas is, either I love em or hate em.. for example, "NY State of Mind" is one of my alltime favorite tracks, but then I hear him talking on the state of hiphop, when I can remember him being on that "Oochie wally wally"/"Did you ever think" tip. And at the same time, Nas tries to be deep, but alotta time he's being ignorant. Then he goes and talks about "Blood Diamonds" and goes off and says some shit like "I'm buying back whats ours"... 'no ur paying for whats happening in Africa, so u can look good.'... And maan I dont even wanna get into the his views on rligions.. seems like he learns about religion from some crackhead NOI preacher.

In all, I respect him as an artist. I think he's got mad talent. But I also think he's hypocritical and ignorant... which really hurts an artist in my eyes atleast. I know every artist is hypocritical to a certain extent, but Nas really confuses me to death.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.