Who's Had The Best Decade ?

i remember when LL made it through his first decade he was braggin about how hes been in it so long and still accepted and relevant and in his opinion making good music...and started sayin he was the g.o.a.t.

But now we got more rappers from the 90's hittin that decade mark or gettin close to it in their career like nas, the wu, and LL pretty much added another decade to his career...and eminem if u count when infinite dropped

who would u say had the best and who's decades would u prefer?

I'd say Jay on the strength of his consistant album drops (& consistant selling of albums), Rocafella & the artists they've now brought through & his other business ventures.

Basically the man has become a money machine.

Hot

Definately jay. His business sense has made him a millionaire even though i cant say I have loved all his music.

Nas in my eyes has had the best decade musically.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I'd say Jay on the strength of his consistant album drops (& consistant selling of albums), Rocafella & the artists they've now brought through & his other business ventures.

Basically the man has become a money machine.
:thumb: :thumb:

i would like to say nas but he hasnt stayed consistent as he has the potential too........jay on the other hand always has listenable albums apart from like the odd 3 tracks. :confused:

i would have to say Jay also, but if you are looking at the whole picture, Ice Cube has had a hell of a decade also if you are looking at everything, his movies have made tons and he has too iam sure since he had co-wtiting and production credits on the "Friday" movies

roaches

More than music = bullshit, because we're talking about hip-hop. So fuck Ice Cube.

Dr. Dre - He has too big of a gap in his decade to give it to him. If Dr. Dre gets it, then Pharoahe Monch gets it over him.

Jay-Z - "Originators" came out in 1990, people. He was on Original Flavor's LP in 1993. Kane's LP in 1994. You could argue for 1995, because that's when his career really began to kick off (cameos on Big L's, Mic Geronimo's shit; "In My Lifetime", etc.). 2004 a better end point than 2003 because he was still dropping new singles in 2004.

Nas - every album from I Am... on has been promoted as a comeback record, lmao at him having the best decade.

doc dre, he's ran it basically since 92-today and further. everything big in all those years are dre related.

deathrow
2pac
snoop
eminem
gunit
obie
d12
game

dre gettin checks off all these men, they all ran shit.

Jay-Z - "Originators" came out in 1990, people.

But his own debut didnt come out til 6 years later when his career got started...anybody can do cameo verses and freestyles ...

Nas - Illmatic, IWW, I Am, Nastradamus, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, God Son, Streets Disciple

Despite Nastradamus IMO I Think Nas Has Had The Best Decade

LMAO @ People Saying Jay Had The Best Decade When He Aint Even Been In The Game For That Long

Honrable Mentions

LL Cool J
Az
Ice Cube

Mystic said:
doc dre, he's ran it basically since 92-today and further. everything big in all those years are dre related.

deathrow
2pac
snoop
eminem
gunit
obie
d12
game

dre gettin checks off all these men, they all ran shit.
Damn dre is getting rich and he aint even doing shit. Thats my kind of person.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.