Who listens to Hip-Hop?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Anyone on StreetHop.com?

Just wondered. A lot of albums have dropped in the last month. But seems no-one is listening to them or if there are, aren't bothering to talk about them on here...

Just wondered if people still do... Or not.

I know you listened to the Eminem album. But what about The Roots? What about Big Boi? Did you pick up Rick Ross? Did you pick up The Dream?

Was the Too $hort album any good?

yak pac fatal

i been listenin to the same artists since like 2002 lol. sometimes i check out the new thangs. i read the roots album is a classic, i might have to check that out.

Big Boi's cd was great at first listen, but i got tired of it quick, and cut it down to maybe 4 songs that i'll listen too again...

i just downloaded The Roots CD and plan on listening to it later...

Shadows

Big Boi's album as mentioned, got stale, fast.
Not worth mentioning.

I brang up Dream's last album on here and no one bothered to reply but one person. It was fire tho.

I haven't got around to listening his new stuff, I heard he tagged a bunch of music to sue ppl and I haven't bought it yet.

I didn't even know too $hort came out with a new album and i live in CA. =/

THEV1LL4N

i dont like big boi. andre > him any day. but i dont get why big boi is so much more popular to the public; probably because he's kinda stayed in the frame more than andre has. didnt andre 3000 move towards film and movies?

im listening to the new roots right now,

i like them but ive always felt theyre cd's have unnecesary things in em...

the songs switch up halfway, or theres a skit in the middle or they completely change up the beat, Game theory stood out as a cd that DIDNT do that, so its been my fav so far....

masta247

Staff member
I do listen to hip-hop but I don't really like artists that you mentioned. Too Short was okay but I didn't even know that he's still alive.
I think that we had a few very good albums this year but I can't find anything interesting coming out lately.

For some reason the latest Killarmy was released here a few months late. It was just average but sounds "old school" and a few songs were pretty good.

Same with Capone-N-Noreaga. Who on this board cares about them though?

masta247

Staff member
And the best of Boot Camp Clik:
Various Artists (Duck Down Records) feat. Boot Camp Click, KRS-One, Sean Price - '15 Years Of Duck Down Music (CARDBOARD SLEEVE)' (Audio CD) Detail - Underground Hip Hop - Store

Imo although tracks on this are rather random than being "best" it is still the ultimate hip-hop album full of classic tracks.
I mean I listen to BCC albums on daily basis but hearing things like this again made my day:

Still these don't beat great albums that came out earlier this year.

ARon

I'd love to talk about music on this board a lot more but it seems like it'd only be sofi and masta even caring to comment on shit. I always felt this place was pretty wak save for a few great posters, but they don't even post here anymore.

masta247

Staff member
Posting this feels a little gay but I think that Kali is a fine upcoming West coast rapper. He's like a next generation, new The Game despite being worse by now. He's "Cali Kali" track was good though:

and now a second single with a gay video but it's pretty cool too:

_carmi

me, myself & us
I'm not gonna lie, I don't really listen to hip hop anymore. Then again I don't listen to anything else either. I follow whatever plays on the radio. I just don't have the time or the willingness to browse the internet and search for new tracks or new artists.

I used to rely on SH, being the only board I actually visit, for that. But for these past 2-3 years, the Street Corner hasn't been as active as it used to be.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.