Who is better at compound rhyme schemes than Eminem?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
While his music doesn't appeal to me anymore.... Who can rhyme multisyllabic like Em?

This video amazes me at times. If anyone replies (which is not always likely), Eminem always creates a marmite response. That best friend verse is a great example of his level of skill.

yak pac fatal

Goddamn his flow sucks so much. dude says a whole bunch of nothing. I’m convinced he hangs around with a bunch of 'yes man'.

tech n9ne, ces cru, hopsin, lupe, wrekonize all got them multis.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Goddamn his flow sucks so much. dude says a whole bunch of nothing. I’m convinced he hangs around with a bunch of 'yes man'.

tech n9ne, ces cru, hopsin, lupe, wrekonize all got them multis.

I disagree on everything, apart from his lack of content.

yak pac fatal

I disagree on everything, apart from his lack of content.
he sounds the same on every track now. his verses are filled with corny puns/rhymes, flow is horrendous, and constantly off-beat (peep his track phenomenal).

i think it's time for him to hang up his mic.

masta247

Staff member
Yeah it sounds awesome and I wish more rappers did it right. I find Killa Sin to be awesome at it, with fair consistency.

La the Darkman fucked up the chorus and it's kind of cheesy (especially for a guy who spent most of his life in prison) but otherwise a good example, just give it a moment as it gets progressively better (word-play wise) :

The everything rhymes with everything song:

And many of his random verses over the years, I find his rhyming style amongst the best, even if he's frequently not on the greatest songs, he makes himself stand out on them. Put him on a track with other Wu-Tang members and he will likely have the best verse :

Timbo King has his moments too (starts at 1:30), but nowhere as great:

masta247

Staff member
Also, I had high hopes for Termanology. I feel like he lost it and got lazy over the years after he became something of a brand, but he had great potential back in the days:

And Action Bronson, one of the newer additions to the "nice wordplay" club, ironically together with the "new", lazy Termanology I was talking about above:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.