Which is their Best Album??

A Tribe Called Quest's Best Album is.......

• People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Low End Theory

• Midnight Marauders

• Beats, Rhymes and Life

• The Love Movement

• The Anthology

• Total voters

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
They don't get enough of a mention on here. And when Classic albums are mentioned I think I've seen maybe 4 members mention their name.

They are severly under rated by new and younger hip-hop fans. And their impact is rarely mentioned.

But what is A Tribe Called Quests best album?

Duke

Staff member
GOtta love A Tribe. Voted Low End, but I haven't heard all of their albums. But yeah, they are underrated, they always seem to be forgotten. I mainly chose Low End cos now, 15 years later, it still sounds fresh. :thumb:

BUGGIN OUT BUGGIN OUT BUGGIN OUT!

Bobby Sands

I went with Low End Theory.You are right A Tribe Called Quest dont get enough mention.They had two 5 mic classics and another one(Midnight Marauders) arguably should have got 5 mics as well.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
i voted midnight, simply because it's a long album and every single song is amazing to me. low end is arguably equal, and is an important album in the development of hip hop... likewise, the unrefinement of the first album always makes it a treat to return to.

that being said, beats, rhyme, and life killed quest.

the songs were ok - nothing on the level of low end or midnight, but still good and true to the quest, but the problem was all on ali. ali shaheed muhammed must have had two blown eardrums because this album was ALLLL treble and frankly unlistenable. i would gladly re-buy a copy that was mastered properly, but this album was just rubbish because my eardrums would bleed two songs in. likewise, love movement carried on with this trend, and in many ways marked the end of my journey with quest.

Damn! The Low End Theory never gets old. A Classic by own merits. Midnight Marauders comes close. When it was dropped, Beats, Rhymes and Life was severely dismissed but, i been bumping that shit and sounds awsome, it's a powerful album! Tribe improved a lot their styles but i think was a natural progression, with that Uhmmah sound and shit. People´s Instinctive Travels was tha shiznit back in the days, and songs like Bonita Applebum and Can I Kick It make it Top 20 songs of all times anyday, anytime. Even The Love Movement was a good way of say goddbye by The Tribe. But not as powerful as their albums 2 and 3. Check those albums, if u find them, that's classic shit! Real Hip-Hop, no doubt. :thumb:

ARon

I voted Midnight Marauders. No need to get into which is better of their first 3 because which ever you choose you can't really be wrong. So I simply chose Midnight Marauders because out of the 3 that is the one I listen to the most.

I voted Midnight Marauders... 8 Million Stories (if thats the song where Phife says "The car oh yea theirs money in my jacket, someone broke into my ride and comacked it) and We Can Get Down were hot... I can listen to just about that whole cd without skippin thru... "Award Tour" is one of the 1st rap videos I remember watching.. '93 or '94 if my memory is right..

For some reason I never liked the Low End Theory or People's Instinctive too much...

Beats Rhymes and Life wasnt that bad.. I liked "Phony Rappers" (no excuse please, I get loose off of orange juice), "Once Again", and a few others up on their.. "Stressed Out" was a good track..

The Love Movement was ok too... I remember I bought that and Jay-Z's Volume 2 the 1st day they came out (they both dropped the same tuesday) It was hot cuz the first copies that were made have 4 or 5 remixes at the end of it.. 2 bad i lost it though... :mad:

I never bought the Anthology or really heard anything about it.... Does it have any unreleased tracks or is it just a greatest hits album?

Fataldawg said:
I never bought the Anthology or really heard anything about it.... Does it have any unreleased tracks or is it just a greatest hits album?
Yeah, in fact, it's a Greatest hits cd, but includes If The Papes Come and Vibrant Thing as 'bonus tracks'

7 Syns

Even though Low End Theory is a classic for many reason which go beyond music, for example shaping hip-hop to how it is etc.. I like Midnight Marauders better. Why? Because it's like a better version of Low End Theory. Cleaner and funkier beats, stronger rhymes and to add more special touch to it, it still had about the same creativity and substance as it's Low End.

peace.

By the way, did anyone hear Phife's solo albums? Were they any good? I think he dropped 1 like 3-4 years ago and just dropped another one recently...

they're hip hop hippies. I used to listen to their shit all the time. World Tour and Oh my god were my favs. theyre chillin tho.

Midnight Marauders no doubt.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.