Which Do You Prefer?

Lok

Albums that were produced entirely by one producer or albums that was produced by a few of them?

Personally I prefer albums that were produced by a single producer. That way the album usually has a certain feel, as opposed to albums that were produced by a few producers which usually are all over the place. There are only a handful of albums that were produced by more than one producer & yet maintained a certain feel (Illmatic for example).

On a side note, N8 The Gr8 is the best producer EVER.

Mase

I prefer an Album produced by a bunch of producers, this way it is less likely to be wack (maybe I am still too disgraced at Loyal To The Game, so I can't offer a non-biased opinon). It does depend on the producer though..
Another Album that has the same feel to it even with different producers is A Long Hot Summer.

Either or for me. Doesnt really matter as long as the album is just dope.

Great album with one producer: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Great album with multiple producers: All Eyez On Me

so it can go with either.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I prefer multiple producers, unless it is some sort of concept album with a theme running throughout.

Lok

I don't know. For some reason, albums that were produced by multiple producers get old quite fast. When "The Fix" only came out I was really digging it, now I don't even know what I was seeing in the album.
As opposed to "Troubled Mind" which I was bumping for 5 years now & not only do I not skip a track, I still keep getting amazed at how good the album is production wise.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.