Which artists Greatest Hits are looking most foward too

jbrolax

Out of the artists that havent put out a greatest hits yet, who do you think will have the best one?

Im thinking Nas or DMX, maybe Jay Z

xxx

All 3 would be great, but it has to be done right. I like GH/best of's when it includes pretty much everything that you need to own by that particular artist (Which has never been done in Rap).

xxx

^Im thinking about making an official Greatest Hits/Best Of Thread to simply discuss all artists GH...Anyone think that might be cool?

THEV1LL4N

D12s geatest hits, they should make that.

fight music, shit on u, purple pills, well, they needed 2 release more tracks from d12 world. they ahd sum good 1s on there.

FroDawgg

i think nas, jay, and x have all had unofficial GHs out; i'm waiting for official ones. D12 needs to put out 1 or 2 more cds.

i think GHs of course need to have all the singles, and also some cult favorites or underground hits. i also think that ones that include new verses or drastically changed lyrics need to be included rather than the album versions (such as "Just a moment" or "One mic", the latter which i like better than the album version). also, to get people who already have all the songs to buy it, put a few new/unreleased tracks on there, such as soundtrack, compilation, or guests appearances.

one that i think NEEDS to be included on DMX's is the dirty version of "slippin".

DPG iz all I C

Sandeep14 said:
D12s geatest hits, they should make that.

fight music, shit on u, purple pills, well, they needed 2 release more tracks from d12 world. they ahd sum good 1s on there.
PSML, i actually spat juice over my screen when i read that.

D12 :laugh: :laugh:

xxx said:
All 3 would be great, but it has to be done right. I like GH/best of's when it includes pretty much everything that you need to own by that particular artist (Which has never been done in Rap).
I think 2Pacs GH has pretty much all his top tracks on there.

i don't really see the point in greatest hits albums, to be honest. i mean, its a good introduction to an artist/group if you are a new fan, but if you are a true fan of a said artist/group, then you probably already own all the material that would be on a GH compilation anyway, minus maybe a couple of unreleased or new tracks. it's just an easy way to cash in and make a few bucks.

And as for Sandeep, D12 for a GH album? would that really make sense? they only have 2 albums, neither of which sold platinum (i may be wrong on that, correct me if i am) and their success was made off of one member in the group who already had success (not a knock on D12 by the way, i own both albums). i dont thik they merit a greatest hits release anytime soon

xxx

Devious187 said:
i don't really see the point in greatest hits albums, to be honest. i mean, its a good introduction to an artist/group if you are a new fan, but if you are a true fan of a said artist/group, then you probably already own all the material that would be on a GH compilation anyway, minus maybe a couple of unreleased or new tracks. it's just an easy way to cash in and make a few bucks.

And as for Sandeep, D12 for a GH album? would that really make sense? they only have 2 albums, neither of which sold platinum (i may be wrong on that, correct me if i am) and their success was made off of one member in the group who already had success (not a knock on D12 by the way, i own both albums). i dont thik they merit a greatest hits release anytime soon

True, but the nice thing about GH albums is for the casual fan they dont have to buy anything else of that artist. For example, I own such GH as Steve Miller Band and The Doors. And, I know that I dont really care for listening/owning every single one of their albums.

What i personally do if i think i would like an artist, is buy their GH then if i LOVE it i might look into getting a few of their regular albums. But if i dont like their GH, then obviously it stops there (and the GH goes on ebay).

jbrolax

xxx said:
True, but the nice thing about GH albums is for the casual fan they dont have to buy anything else of that artist. For example, I own such GH as Steve Miller Band and The Doors. And, I know that I dont really care for listening/owning every single one of their albums.

What i personally do if i think i would like an artist, is buy their GH then if i LOVE it i might look into getting a few of their regular albums. But if i dont like their GH, then obviously it stops there (and the GH goes on ebay).

i know exactly what u mean, i do it with most rock artists...

xxx said:
^ not even close! Even for a non serious 2pac fan there are tons of songs that arent included.
Chuck made niggaz on there and then all of those songs are his GREATEST HITS I mean what songs on 2pacs greatest hits arn't dope:thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.