where is Rakim?

ill-matic

dude has disappeared off the face of the earth. where the hell is he? what's he doing? what's this bullshit talk of him releasing another album?

wake up, that shit isnt gonna happen. dude is receding into nothingness, but his legacy will forever shine on like an eternal flame. personally i suspect he's worried that he doesnt want to tarnish his image as one of the greatest to do it. maybe im wrong

rakim where are you?

ARon

I don't think he could tarnish his legacy. I would damn happy if he was to release another album. As to where he is, hopefully in a studio somewhere just perfecting the art.

7 Syns

He apparently did 2 shows earlier this month in New York and at his shows reports say he did a few new cuts and stated he had an album entitled "The 7th Seal" dropping either in summer or autumn (U.S.).

Google it, im sure you'll find something.

peace.

Bobby Sands

Hip-hop legend Rakim Allah announced plans for an upcoming summer album last week during a concert in New York City.

At B.B. King’s Blues Club, the Long Island rapper said that his seventh studio album, tentatively titled “Seventh Seal,” would be ready for release by the summer of 2006. During his performance he also spoke briefly about his unreleased album on Dr. Dre’s Aftermath label, saying that if he could do it over he “would have taken his talents elsewhere.”

Legendary DJ Kid Capri was behind the turntables in lieu of Rakim’s former DJ Eric B, and the jam-packed venue was attended by various artists including Kool Herc, Pete Rock, M1 of Dead Prez, and Immortal Technique.
Source=http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/news/85745.php

ill-matic

Pittsey said:
OR you could have just checked the News section.

As we posted it before the other sites.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article158456.html

that talk doesnt really stir me. there was talk of Oh My God dropping ages ago, that shit never happened cos of the fallout with Aftermath (i smell some bullshit tho, i mean, scrapping a whole album?)

doubt it if rakim will deliver. no harm done, im more than happy to bump his existing shit

AmerikazMost

ill-matic said:
that talk doesnt really stir me. there was talk of Oh My God dropping ages ago, that shit never happened cos of the fallout with Aftermath (i smell some bullshit tho, i mean, scrapping a whole album?)

doubt it if rakim will deliver. no harm done, im more than happy to bump his existing shit
as far as i know, there was never a full album to scrap. that was just the supposed title.

the bullshit was that Ra wouldn't go for interscope's marketing gimmicks. that's why he broke away and the album was never finished.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
ill-matic said:

AmerikazMost said:
as far as i know, there was never a full album to scrap. that was just the supposed title.

the bullshit was that Ra wouldn't go for interscope's marketing gimmicks. that's why he broke away and the album was never finished.

What he said ^^^

And this time it is actually coming from Ra's mouth, not from the hype machine.

ill-matic

AmerikazMost said:

ahh, i see, that makes a lot of sense actually. i never could see Rakim and Aftermath "clicking" like that anyway

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.