Where does Immortal Technique go from here

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
Well i am a big fan of his music, from the raw lyrics that he brings and his skills that he uses, he is one of the top dogs.

But I think he has to be very carefull about his content in his next albums, because his material could wear thin with an average listner. The fan will always think his albums great, but what about the guy who has heard vol one and 2, and does not want to here the same things again.

The middle passage, is gonna have the same twist as the first two albums, but the beats will be much more harder. I cannot wait to get this album, I just hope that the non fans will give him time.

But he has a loyalfan base, so as long as he stays true to his music and nature, then I think he can give his fans a great album to listen to.

I think some people get the wrong end of the stick, people say he just babbles on about 9/11 , bush iraq etc etc but people are missing the other side, He has got mad skills, a great talent, And I personally think this album will be the album of 2005......

Immortal Technique has touched upon about 0.000001% of the treachery in world history. The type of shit he spits will wear thin if he continues to cover old ground but there is so many avenues open to him that he should be ok.

linx

Staff member
I don't think he's boring at all. He just isn't one of those dudes you can't listen to all the time. Why? Because he DOES only spit about the political shit really. I mean, that's not shit you can listen to all the time in my opinion. I'm definitely looking forward to the album though, are there any details yet? When it's set to drop, guest spots and anything else?

i can't wait for the album. i think immortal technique is absolutely amazing. i think he's a damn good rapper, overall. his flow and breath control need some help, i think, but as far as content and voice and just being able to convey a message... he's great. i don't think he'll run out of things to say. i think he will be repetitive, but now and again, he'll come with something that is untouchable.

i will support technique's album, no doubt about it.

yer im lookin forward to his next album. hes 1 my best rappers, his lyrics r interestin and hes not jus rappin bout same things alota other ppl r. hope he comes with some fresh tracks tho...

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
His flow sucks, voice sucks, lyrics are good, subject is boring.

He needs to improve his flow and needs to have more content.

Listen to his unreleased shit and freestyles. The guys fucking unreal IMO.

"I use chinese philosophy to murder the case;
The sound of one hand clapping is my gat in your face;"

Personally, I think hes one of the best freestylers ever. Shit, I have one where hes out on the street without a beat fucking tearing it up. Blew my mind.

ThUg $TyLe said:
His flow sucks, voice sucks, lyrics are good, subject is boring.

He needs to improve his flow and needs to have more content.
All of that plus wack punchlines = average MC.
I've seen some of the most bullshit comments on message boards regarding Immortal Technique.
"He is an artist listened to by a small group of people who only know true Hip Hop".
Immortal Technique is only good for kicking up some political dust and small shock factor.

Aight check this shit out
As an MC Immortal Technique is great and as an activist he's fuckin amazing. Anyone who thinks he just raps about the same shit is fuckin stupid. the niggaz tellin you wats on his mind, lettin you know the real and those that are talking shit r talking shit because they cant deal with the truth and all they want to hear about is the same BS that these commercial fucks put out.

STOP HATIV AND RECOGNIZE REAL

P.S. This aint Yukmoney this is the Blind Truth

yukmoney1127 said:
As an MC Immortal Technique is great and as an activist he's fuckin amazing. Anyone who thinks he just raps about the same shit is fuckin stupid. the niggaz tellin you wats on his mind, lettin you know the real and those that are talking shit r talking shit because they cant deal with the truth and all they want to hear about is the same BS that these commercial fucks put out.

fuckign right, i'd rather listen to political shit or songs about whats going on in the world, instead of listening to songs about the 3 bitches you cheated on with another 3 more hoes.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I don't mind listening to politcal rap, but i don't wanna hear it all the time on one CD, IT is a good lyricist, but apart from the politcal side he has nothing, hes overated.

Mase said:
All of that plus wack punchlines = average MC.
Wow, hate the man all you want, but thats just wrong! This guys won so many battles, and continues too. He's a sick battle rapper.

"The only projects you've ever seen, are at your high-school science fair"

When somebody says that IT speaks on the same thing over and over, it just shows how much of his music they've actually listened to. What he speaks about can be labelled as "political," but you must understand that he speaks on different political issues.

Not all party songs speak on the same thing: some are about gettin with as many women as possible while some others are about bustin' heads while others are about moving the crowd.

IT speaks about things such as 9/11, the war in Iraq, the media and its role in the U.S. government, and slavery on top of making songs about whack MCs, and love songs as well (I'm normally not a sucker for these, but You Never Know was an amazing showcase of storytelling ability).

His concept songs are great as well, such as Peruvian Cocaine. A direct quote from the Revolutionary Volume 2 booklet:

I wanted a posse cut for this album but instead of having some random number of MC's spit self glorifying battle verses I decided to come up with a story of how drugs get from a place like South America to the spot in the ghetto. Each MC represents a different person throughout the journey, when I brought these n****z over to my studio and we played the instrumental, everyone wrote their character like a movie script.

O yeah, if you take this as dickriding, you are seriously mistaken my friend. This is providing valid arguments for IT, definetely not the same thing as dickriding.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
yukmoney1127 said:

Well said. I can listen to I.T without stopping. His shit is different many times. It's not only political shit he spits. You can find general knowledge and history in his rhymes.

Also to whoever said his rhymes are weak (Mason :p)

[Immortal Technique]

You mother fuckers are nothing
You cannot harm me
I'll resurrect every aborted baby and start an army
Storm the planet hunting you down cuz I'm on a mission
To split your body into a billion one-celled organisms
Immortal Technique will destroy your religion you stupid bitch
You're faker than blue-eyed crackers nailed to a crucifix
I'm bout to blow up like Nasa Challenger computer chips
Arsenic language transmitted revolutionarily
I'm like time itself, I'm gunna kill you inevitably
Chemically bomb you, fuck using a chrome piece
I'm Illmatic, you won't make it home like Jerome's niece
I'll sever your head diagonally for thinking of dissin' me
And then ill use your dead body to write my name in calligraphy
This public democracy, brain washed your psychology
So you're nothing like diversity without equality
And your crew is full of more faggots than Greek mythology
Using numerology, to count the people I sent to Heaven
Produces more digits than 22 divided by 7
You're like Kevin Spacey, your style is usually suspect
You never killed a cop, you not a mother fucking thug yet
Your mind is empty and spacious
Like the part of the brain the appreciated culture in a racist
Face it, you too basic, you're never gunna make it
Like children walking through Antarctica, butt naked

His next album is suposed to have a more commercial appeal or so hes said in the interviews, Middle Passage is what its supposed to be called, Rev Volume 3 will follow this one, but as for people complaining about him only sticking to one theme there have been songs where he doesnt go all political nd shit, plus every rapper has a main theme they stick 2. Like some1 said, I rather listen to someone rap about something important going on that could affect me instead of how some guy shot someone else because the hood made him that way...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.