Where does Erick Sermon rank..

AmerikazMost

..on your list of greatest producers? Everybody is quick to mention Dre, RZA, Premo and Quik, and E-Double seems to be forgotten. I would make the argument that he's the greatest rapper/producer ever in hip-hop.

Thoughts?

ARon

How would people not know he produces, I'm not sure how much he actually prduced in the EPMD days but damn, I dont think anyone hasn't heard of EPMD. Top 10 for sure.

I think the last work he did was for Meth's new album... Yea Erick Sermons pretty dope.. That Erick Onassis cd he put out awhile back was pretty underrated imo.. I feel like im the only person that bought it.. and i still bump it once in awhile.. "Van Gundy" was my favorite track off that.. lol I havent checked out his last album though.. That "Chilltown NYC".. I was kinda disappointed with "React".. :-/

PuffnScruff

yeah i think he is great. his overall story is pretty cool. stuff that movies are made of. interesting rhymes that arent like anyone elses. he works with a wide range of arists from the underground scene. word of mouth has really helped his career. his beats are different from what is out there right now and the past few years.

Erick Sermon is a gifted producer and good rapper. But, his tribulations departured him from the top. I appreciate him but he's not the greatest producer/rapper ever. He contribuited less then others 'similar' artists.

AmerikazMost

troublesome2004 said:
Erick Sermon is a gifted producer and good rapper. But, his tribulations departured him from the top. I appreciate him but he's not the greatest producer/rapper ever. He contribuited less then others 'similar' artists.
Who's better? Dre? Only if you count him and his ghostwriters as one person.

AmerikazMost said:
Who's better? Dre? Only if you count him and his ghostwriters as one person.
The RZA & DJ Quik. With Erick in the same group could be Diamond D, Large Professor, Jay Dilla, Madlib. Ignorant will add maybe Kanye West, Pharrell, Lil' Jon & Eminem (which would be ridiculous in my opinion).

AmerikazMost

troublesome2004 said:
The RZA & DJ Quik. With Erick in the same group could be Diamond D, Large Professor, Jay Dilla, Madlib. Ignorant will add maybe Kanye West, Pharrell, Lil' Jon & Eminem (which would be ridiculous in my opinion).
Quik and RZA aren't nearly as good rappers as E is. Depending on how much better you feel their production is, there could be an argument though.

Kanye is not that skilled of a rapper. His topics are fresh, but he lacks in a lyrical sense. The others aren't even worth talking about, I agree.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
AmerikazMost said:
..on your list of greatest producers? Everybody is quick to mention Dre, RZA, Premo and Quik, and E-Double seems to be forgotten. I would make the argument that he's the greatest rapper/producer ever in hip-hop.

Thoughts?
You forgot Big Stretch, Necro and Esham

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
Diamond D, Large Professor, Jay Dilla, Madlib
real ny-underground hip-hop shit..
also premo, l.e.s. and buckwild.love dat shit.real ny-shit.illmatic-days shit, ya know?

erick sermon?good producer.but premo and D.i.t.c producers (diggin in the crates, fat joe´s and big l´s crew) got dat ny-shit on lock.
i wonder how fat joe deveöoped hisself from ny-underground rapper to a rapper who does songs with j.lo and gangsta-rappers like mack 10.hes mainstream now but he started as real underground artist.

hmm, he's up there

quik
organized noize
prince paul
easy mo bee
dre

are probably the top 5.. then you got erick sermon, premier, pete rock, large pro, etc.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.